Vacuum lines = Holley Sniper vs. Holley Avenger (4150)

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 8pack, Oct 8, 2017.

1. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I am hooking up my Holley Sniper Fuel Injection. On my 670 Avenger I had 4 Vacuum ports, one for the Brake Booster, one for the PCV, one for the distributor and a full vacuum port I used to for the vacuum canister for my heater controls.

The Sniper only has 3 ports, A full manifold port (small nipple), brake booster port and one for vacuum advance on the distributor......

How/where do I hook up the PCV? I have an Edelbrock Airgap 2601. The manual shows a 3/8" NPT port on the rear passenger side of the manifold and it looks like it taps into the runner....does that port draw vacuum? Mine is blocked off right now.

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  2. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    Yes, you can run your pcv or brakes from that intake port. I don't know how the Sniper fits but most Holley carbs sit over that port and require the use of a low profile fitting. One thing I've always avoided is connecting power brakes and pcv to the same line. GM didn't do it, pcv is a metered leak and I've always the most vacuum available to the brakes I could get.

3. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks Corky. I am running a heatshield which covers the port but now that there is no fuel sitting in the bowls and the fuel is pressurized I think I can lose the heatshield and I should have access.

4. 74BIBELOT

74BIBELOT Veteran Member

277F451F-FD5F-4618-B5EF-697CE435C4EB.png 7125DE6D-A348-4E0D-A35A-B426EE7EB91D.jpeg You can use one of these vacuum fittings on that 3/8” intake port, Sniper looks a bit shorter than a regular Holley, but not sure if the IAC valve is near that hole.