VA Glove Box...How?

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by badazz81z28, Oct 30, 2017.

1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    I decided to install my Vintage Air replacement glove box. How is thing secured? It says install using #8 screws in OEM holes, but wasn't the original held on with a metal band? VA doesn't show this in much detail, help appreciated.

Thanks,

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

May 21, 2014
    Hutto, TX
  3. badazz81z28

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yeah. but because the box is smaller the strap doesn't work anymore...Not sure how VA was meaning when they say install screws....

4. Fbodywarehouse

Fbodywarehouse Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Get some thin tin from tractor supply and make a small version of it. Should run about 4 bucks

5. badazz81z28

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Nobody has installed one of these? Hard to believe...

6. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Deer Park, TX
    Im getting close to it but it could be a few months from now befor i get my car back. Would like to know befor i get there. Thought it was straight forward.

7. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    I had to trim mine to get it to fit OK. used the template for the light. It's only secured with two tech screws on the bottom. IIRC, it was supposed to sit below the bottom brace for the dash under the GC door. I put mine on top, thinking I would rather have the screws anchored to metal than that cheezy plastic they make the glove compartment out of. It's in there, and I'm not planning on putting anything heavy in it. One thing, I looked under the dash and under the hood for a rattle. Turned out to be a pen in the glove compartment. I would have lined that cheap plastic with something had I known that ahead of time, but I ain't taking it back out.