Update

Discussion in 'Competition Camaros' started by k wright, Aug 7, 2017.

1. k wright

k wright Veteran Member

May 10, 1999
    Johnson City, TN
    After a long absence I'm back and enjoying working on my cars again. This is a link to my GT-1 car project. It has been in storage for 16 years but is running again.

I'll update the photos with this link as I make progress.

https://sway.com/0OcYieDPIQ4mTKk4?ref=Link&loc=play

2. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2016
    sarasota
    Uber Cool!!!!

3. Turbo70Camaro

Turbo70Camaro Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
  4. k wright

k wright Veteran Member

May 10, 1999
    Johnson City, TN
    DSC_0852.jpg The car fit right in with others at the show. Just a great night!

5. BARNFIND

BARNFIND Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 20, 2007
    GPS WENT DEAD...LOST
    Although I also live in Johnson City I have not gotten to the Elizabethton Cruise much this year. But I do remember seeing the yellow Camaro that was at Elizabethton that I think you are talking about. I wish I would have been there that night in Sept so I could have seen your car. It looks BAD ASS. Maybe next year!

6. BARNFIND

Oct 20, 2007
    GPS WENT DEAD...LOST
    Is this the car that made you want to work on your Camaro?
    Cheverra.jpg

7. k wright

k wright Veteran Member

May 10, 1999
    Johnson City, TN
    That is one of the cars that inspired me. The initial car that prompted to buy my first Camaro was in the movie "Gumball Rally". The car that I saw at the car show in Elizabethton that made me want to get this race car out of storage is a '55 Chevy stock car that is painted red. Herb Adams owns the yellow Camaro that pictured above. He is a retired GM engineer that worked for Pontiac. He keeps the car in the warehouse adjacent to the Borla factory locally.

8. BARNFIND

Oct 20, 2007
    GPS WENT DEAD...LOST
    Yes, I have seen both of those cars at the Elizabethton Cruise. I also remember many years ago when Herb Adams and Dick Guldstrand each built a Camaro for a Magazine " Shoot out", they each had very different opinions on how to make the car handle.