Unused space in your garage???

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by grzewnicki, Mar 12, 2013.

1. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Trying to use every inch of room in my garage, The ladders were already up there, I just put the hitch cargo carrying thing up the other day, was taking up space behind the drill press. In the right hand corner of first pic, I store sheet materiazls, ply, luann, melamine covered particle board standing up in that corner.Then added that 8 foot long 1 x 12 to the wall, I mean really who uses that space for anything? Last pic is my wood/pipe/metal storage rack, For you taller guys you could not have that lower section...myself, I fit under it pretty well, fun to watch tall neighbors bump into things though. Oh beihind the fridge, all my Formica and 1/8 inch hardboard is stored there and alongside the fridge's left side, all my sheet metal is standing up there. Lots of space if you look around!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  2. I see you have a pull down attic door. Upstairs loaded with car parts?

3. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

No they are back in the den...a room I added on as a place for cheryl and I to have some fun. Figured the kid would be here till she was in her 20's. She left when she was 18, so now I still get laid in the Living Room, might want to think twice when you come over and plop down on the couch! The attic holds mostly Cheryl;s haloween stuff, takes me a good 45 minutes to get it all down. of course the usual other holiday stuff is up there.

4. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    I just want to know, "WHAT IS UNUSED SPACE?" in a garage.:p

5. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
  6. When a human isn't in it taking up space:crazy:

7. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2012
    E'ville, IL
    There is no such thing as "unused space" in a garage.

8. Led Zep

Led Zep Veteran Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Ky
    Not to Hijack,Ace what is the white stripe done the side of your Olds?Is it factory?

9. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    Hockey sticks, and no, it's not factory.
    I'm not a factory kinda guy. :cool:

Everything I own is custom.

[​IMG]

10. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    I have no unused space in my garage, I even have a shelf above the garage door the size of the door, I slide car hoods and fenders, etc. up there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]