UNfriendly counter staff at NPD Ocala

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by MotionClone, Jan 23, 2016.

1. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Jan 20, 2014
    away from the crazies
    I was down in Florida for a couple weeks so I decided to stop by NPD Ocala to pick up a long list of things including a back window for my ride. The counter salesman was extremely rude right from the get go. I felt like I was a huge inconvenience for him to stop what he was doing to wait on me much less answer a simple question about one of their products. I bought 2 things instead of the 20 on my list because of the attitude I was getting.

Ive purchased thousands of dollars of stuff from NPD from the website without problems but because that guy was being a complete douche to me, the paying customer, I've decided to stop purchasing anything from them and use another vendor.

Wish I could get all my money back that Ive given to this company.

2. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    Company should be investing a lot of attention to the attitude at their front counter. Bad word gets around fast these days.

3. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Vineland N.J USA
    I would report your experience to their management, no excuse for poor service like that.

4. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    Wow - Hope that's just an isolated case. I haven't bought anything from NPD in a while. I did get a bunch of interior pieces a few years ago and the NPD staff was helpful on the phone.

5. MotionClone

Jan 20, 2014
    away from the crazies
    They've always been helpful to me on the phone but the general vibe from all the staff there was that counter customers where a nuisance. I even overheard other sales people talking about how dealing with counter customers was making it hard to deal with the phone in people.

The other sales people walking around looked pissed too..lol

6. chevyJeff1

chevyJeff1 Veteran Member

This^^^

7. MotionClone

Jan 20, 2014
    away from the crazies
    I probably will but wanted to share first with the people who count: Us customers and potential customers.

8. My73LT

My73LT Veteran Member

May 29, 2001
    Orlando, Fla
    I've been up there a few times and never had an issue.. But I've usually called first to make sure they had my parts, so maybe that's the difference.

I even got the tour in back to see the private collection.

9. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    NPD needs a committed counter person or 2 that does not deal with phones. Nothing pisses me off more than standing in line at the parts store waiting my turn, only to have the counter guy pick up the phone while I'm talking to him. I leave.

10. MotionClone

Jan 20, 2014
    away from the crazies
    I called 2times before my trip to make sure they had a back window available and it was. Dont think that's the issue. I heard conversation with sales and another customer and that guy was having the same experience as me.

When I asked what the dimensions were on a 454 fender emblem he said he didn't know and said "do you want it or not". Lol. That's when I put my list back in my pocket.