ultra rare 70z-28

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by creeker70, Nov 25, 2017.

1. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    Factory fender will look like this.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. restore-z28

restore-z28 Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Vancouver, BC
    The question I have then is who restored the car? You were one of the previous owners and know all the history. At the point of restoration the rad support and fender were changed out, what was the mileage when it was sold by you? Finding the 31,000 mile claim hard to believe if there has been at least a fender and rad support changed.

3. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    It was said that Jerry MacNeish inspected it. I would like to see his report. His inspections are not always positive. While he is an acknowledged 1st gen expert, I am not sure of his 2nd gen credentials, but if I can see some of these things from a somewhat distant and fuzzy photo I hope he did.

4. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

Everybody knows JM "Walks On Water" ...............I'll stick with Mike Steitz and Scott Kiehne for
    my 1970 Camaro inspections !!!!!!!!!!

Dave Nelson likes this.
  5. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    One is for sure on this site-lots of extremely knowledgable folks to help with ascertaining a 2nd gens' true heritage! I enjoyed the lighthearted amusement with OP grammar (or lack thereof lol) and the OP gracious and humorous outlook on it too! Most people would get all butt/hurt about the comments and thats part of what makes the bantering on this site great! No egoes allowed! Carry on....I'm enjoying this discussion!

6. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    Ask Frank Arone sometime on his opinion of JM.

7. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    When I mentioned JM's name to a well known car guy, he just laughed.

8. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    There are a lot of good people on here with a wealth of knowledge, some with more than me as far as I'm concerned. That's what make this site great in finding what's correct or not.
    I have no personal experiences with JM. I know 2nd Gens aren't his strong point so I'm sure there's details he's unaware of. I've been studying/researching 1970 & early 2nd Gens for 20 years and still continue to learn new things.

9. l16pilot

l16pilot Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Hurlock, MD, USA
    ^^^Seems those with the most knowledge/experience are also the most humble when it comes to claiming their expertise.... ;)

10. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

I KNOW that when I gather with the past and present Camaro Natl's 2nd Gen
    judges AND a few who have never been official "judges" there is a great deal
    of 70-73 Camaro knowledge..... I consider myself to be a enthusiast who has
    been fortunate enough to travel over the past 25 years and met so many of
    YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!