Twisted 72 the start

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Twisted72, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Twisted72

Twisted72 Veteran Member

Nov 8, 2015
    New Albany, Indiana
    well I do not want to do anything illegal so guess I will just scrap this one and start a over ..or I will see if the guy will give me the money back plus the cost of what I have done so far ..but then again try again to find the title to the 73 had paid a search site to track it they had no luck.. this breaks my heart :whine: guys thank you for the support will let you all know what happens

2. perkalator

perkalator Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Go to the dmv and apply for a lost title.

3. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    I agree, don't give up on it just yet, hopefully you can get the title issue sorted out.

4. LtRsZ

LtRsZ Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    You're going to need the title just to scrap it. (assuming you'll have a wrecker come get it) See what you can do to obtain a title for this car and restore it. It's not a lost cause. Just a little more work.

5. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Veteran Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Denville NJ
    There are companies that offer what is called a bonded title. It usually cost around $200. I believe one of the most popular ones is Broadway title.

6. Twisted72

Twisted72 Veteran Member

Nov 8, 2015
    New Albany, Indiana
    I will explore every option that is out there, cause I don't give up easy. again thank you all for the support

7. Twisted72

Twisted72 Veteran Member

Nov 8, 2015
    New Albany, Indiana
    ok think I got it figured out the guy is going to sign paper work this week and bmv will do the rest ..but on the flip side of things I have been taking my time on doing little thing to get it striped down to find out all I need to replace ..bought a cheap flux wire welder since I am just going to spot weld everything, make shift media blaster (hope it works out)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    put a wall up cause my garage doubles as a man cave, so when I throw rust and paint around it don't settle on everything

8. LtRsZ

LtRsZ Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    Hope you get the title issue resolved. What are your plans for this car? Restored back to a Medium Orange Type LT would look great. It's a good factory color. Going to rename this tread since it is a 1973 Type LT?

9. Twisted72

Twisted72 Veteran Member

Nov 8, 2015
    New Albany, Indiana
    everything should work out for the title ..plans goes hopefully as follows
    fix all rot
    replace just bout everything new
    power plant still up in the air LS or 383 sbc carb
    int try and do most custom black with blue trim
    ext flush fit windows, RS front, midnite blue (maybe true flames), 18s wheels
    drivetrain mild upgrade or protouring still flipping a coin over that one also

as far as the name just going to leave it or just change it too Twisted 70'S