Twisted 72 the start

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Twisted72, Nov 16, 2015.

1. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    Thanks Clay (I think). lol

2. clay's70

clay's70 Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

:D :D :D

3. Twisted72

Twisted72 Veteran Member

Nov 8, 2015
    New Albany, Indiana
    ok I have been busted and here is the story behind the 72 ..I was looking for a 2nd gen for a while, and of all places looking on CL happen on a 88 and just glancing I noticed TWISTED72 in the back ground rough and crying "save me". got in touch with the guy told me the 70's not for sale, but what the hell go look and see . I get there (not to far from home) started talking to guy and told him I am not here for the 88 I want the 70's, so we walked over and on the windows is said "NOT FOR SALE" after I walked around looking at the condition and knowing in my mind I can do this, I asked how much does he want for it he never answered me few mins goes by he asked me what would I give for it, I threw out a number and he said "you just bought the car" told him I would have the money in a month ..yes I bought a 73 but due to the some reasons unknown to me I have a title, vin plate, and cowl tag for a 72 and that is why I say 72 and that its twisted ..he has and I have tried to trace down a title for the 73 and can't find anything on it like it never was titled. so please don't hold this against me !

4. brooksman9

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    I wouldn't spend any money on it until you get a title

5. Twisted72

Twisted72 Veteran Member

Nov 8, 2015
    New Albany, Indiana
    I got title, vin plate, cowl tag ..so all is good

6. Twisted72

Twisted72 Veteran Member

Nov 8, 2015
    New Albany, Indiana
    Rich this one has 11C ....however that one died I figured bout 10 yrs ago and when I am done this Twisted72 will be 00001 of 00001 ..as I am sure anyone that has rebuilt theirs feels, cause its what they did with their heart, soul, blood, sweat, and dreams

FermentedSpirit likes this.
  7. LtRsZ

LtRsZ Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    So you have title and VIN plate for a 72 and you are installing the VIN plate onto this car? What did you pay for the car?

8. brooksman9

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    That would be illegal.

9. LtRsZ

LtRsZ Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    I know. This tread is difficult to read. Is this his plan?

10. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Veteran Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Denville NJ
    What your doing is illegal,and it was not a good idea to put up a pic with the 73 VIN in It. For $200 you can get a bonded title for the 73. If you do decide to change the tags,you will need to deal with the hidden VIN numbers too.