Turtle wax ICE

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by sevitz5, Apr 1, 2012.

1. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    I agree. Follow April81Z28's advice and clay bar the car. Very easy to do, very effective at removing crud and not harmful to the paint. Then wax on wax off Daniel-san

2. 1013_79z28

1013_79z28 Veteran Member

Jan 24, 2008
    PA
    I just used the Hi Tech Yellow Wax on my truck a few days ago. I thought it smelled like circus peanuts! Even Meguiars Plastic X smells good. I don't think they make a bad product. Everything I have used with their name on it has been awesome.

3. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 25, 1999
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Liquid Glass - used by some of the most picky detailers I know

4. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

May 1, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    I used Ice and it was like putting silicone spray on the paint. Took a long time to get rid of the greasy residue.

I agree about Meguiars. Stuff is top notch. Their lightest buff will take haze off your interior plastic lenses like the radio display and the instrument cluster plastic "glass".

5. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

i use mothers waxes/polishes or products from surf city garage both work awesome on my paint

one thing though is the turtle wax ice clay bar kit works awesome on your windshield and other glass .the clay bar will pick up alot of contaminants on the glass and when finished will give the glass a almost transparent finish

6. spcrollins405

spcrollins405 Veteran Member

May 14, 2011
    Stillwater, OK
    Yes, I love the Turtle wax ice clay bar kit. Great stuff. As far as the ICE wax, I just use it for all my exterior rubber and plastics on both the '79 and my DD as that is it's niche.

7. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Southern Maryland
    Gary S had the best answer. You should not be WAX ing your car unless the paint already looks perfect. All wax should do is protect it. If your paint has any swirls or stains on it, you are not ready for wax, but you are ready to do some compounding.

8. camarochevy1970

camarochevy1970 Veteran Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    clay bar
    compound
    seal

Just sayin. Also, I have been using 3m and surf city garage stuff recently. No longer own a single zaino item.

9. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Rustburg, Va
    Do they still make that stuff? I haven't seen that around here on the shelves for a while.

EDIT
    A quick Google says "yes", and it's $26/can at Advance Auto.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  10. Mean Green

Mean Green Veteran Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Are you speaking of the Ice wax or the detailer?

I started using the Turtle Wax Ice spray Detailer last year and I have to say, for what it is, I really like the results. It's meant for a quick all-over shine and can be used on everything on the car. Nice to use before a car cruise after work when time is limited.

Just grabbed the TW all-wheel cleaner & tire shine, too (Wally World had them on sale so I tried them). Both do a fine job.