Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash Soap

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by Flynt, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Flynt

Flynt Veteran Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Alabama, USA
    Does anybody use this Ice car wash soap? I noticed it cost twice what the regular green Turtle Wax car soap costs.

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,1,3

2. pokey_159

pokey_159 Veteran Member

Nov 17, 2009
    St.Louis, MO
    no but i love the ICE paste wax they sale

3. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio
    Hate to wash cars when it's that cold out, done it a thousand times though. JK.

4. Huyzel

Huyzel Member

I've used it before. It works great. Just bsure not to use too much soap and get the ratio right. Too much and it will strip away the wax even though it is designed as car washing soap. If there isnt any wax on your car and you are going to detail it then use Dawn to strip all the old wax, dirt, and oil from the car. Clay bar it, a fine cut compound if needed (if not skip to polish), then wax it.

5. Flynt

Flynt Veteran Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Alabama, USA
    Eagle One Easi Dri Vs Ice

I purchased Eagle One Easi Dri instead of Ice and I don't like the Eagle One soap. It does not work as they say it will.

A nice person gave me a sample from his bottle of Turtle Wax Ice so I am going to get to wash my car using it to see how I like the product.

I checked prices while shopping at Wal Mart yesterday. They have Turtle Wax Ice for $7.49 and Autozone has it priced at $9.99.

6. dwright406

dwright406 Veteran Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Lake Jackson Tx
    I've been using Simple Green car wash, it works very good for the $.

7. Displaced Hokie

Displaced Hokie Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Birmingham, AL
    I use the wash like it. I've actually found that all of the Ice products (wax, detailer, wash, liquid clay bar) work great. Rarely do I find that one product like has all winning products, but the Ice line seems to.

I especially like the Ice wax as all of my vehicles have black plastic trim or cladding, and it makes that stuff look good. No white residue either.