Turbocharged 70 RS project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Turbo70Camaro, Jun 12, 2010.

1. AEGIS43

AEGIS43 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 16, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    This is mindblowing! 1000 rwhp, monster turbo big block! It's nuts! Ultra-cool and great documentation. Cain't wait till you light it off. We haven't seen the inside of the car (at least I haven't, anyway). Do you have a cage? Do you have a mount for a video camera?

Please tell us you're going to video some behind the wheel shenanigans ...

2. Turbo70Camaro

Turbo70Camaro Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Thanks yes it is nuts but their are many street cars even a few 2nd gens that have already done this. I just hope it turns out how I am visioning this car in my mind from engine to paint and you guys will love it, I have not seen a 2nd gen that will be done like this (yet) so hopefully something fresh for your eyes :) .

Car has a 10pt cage but I will add a few bars here and there, th400, Moser 12 bolt 3.31 and soon some PTFB front end accessories.

Shenanigans you can count on it with video :crazy:

Jake

3. Turbo70Camaro

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Small update, I'm experimenting with a custom oil catch can set up to run on my factory valve covers. Problem is I want to run a 12an fitting but dont want to weld bungs and ruin the chrome on the covers so.............................................

Bulkhead fitting, standard grommet and AN locknut
    [​IMG]

Still gonna put a viton o-ring between the grommet and fitting
    [​IMG]

Trim excess
    [​IMG]

Still figuring it out and need to push the fitting down further but looks like it will work and be NHRA legal :D

4. commuter

commuter Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 15, 2009
    long island new york
    I've been following your posts and always wait for your updates what a beautiful job you are doing, can't wait till you fire this car up man i get goosebumps thinking about it lol !! Keep up the good work !!!

5. Turbo70Camaro

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Valve covers done :happy: on to the next :crazy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some eye candy :eek:

[​IMG]

6. z28rod

z28rod Veteran Member

Apr 30, 2009
    hopewell junction,ny
    Wow Man..........

7. SC68Z28

SC68Z28 New Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Riverside Ca
    Jake, I enjoyed meeting you today at the track.
    Thanks for sending the link for your build, it's coming along nicely, I think your doing a great job.
    I'm subscribing to your thread so we can stay in touch and I can see your progress.
    Do you have someone for the tuning yet?
    Will you start with a dyno, chassis or engine for your tune?
    How many amps is your alternator?

BTW, You probably should forget what I said about spraying meth on bare aluminum tubing, I wasn't thinking. My hat and manifold are aluminum and I'm not seeing any corrosion.

---Bill.

8. Turbo70Camaro

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Hey Bill glad you made it over, on the tuning my buddy is a wizard with the classic fast and he likes to "live tune" it while driving (on certain secret ;) roads that we use for tuning). Once the live tune is perfected at all rpm's it will go on a chassis dyno for the numbers and any fine tuning needs.

The alt. is a 140amp hoping it will be plenty for all the electronics. Within the next 2 months I should have more progress pictures big stuff like mounting the turbo and mounting the monster fuel pump and filters and ...............................................................................:confused: .

Guys reading this SC68Z28's car is one bad mofo in person, stick shift, supercharger, nitrous (in-case) and methonal freakin nuts :crazy:

Jake

9. Turbo70Camaro

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Got my manifold back with new fuel rails custom made for my set up :D . Now try to figure out where to put the monster regulator.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. screamindemon

screamindemon Veteran Member

I love this thread. Kick ass