Turbocharged 70 RS project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Turbo70Camaro, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Turbo70Camaro

Turbo70Camaro Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Small update, since no one made the lugnut I need for my wheels that will safely hold the wheels and not break the studs I had to call upon my trusty buddy to whip these up for me.

[​IMG]

You can see the non shank lugnut was what I have been running but that was leaving a half inch of empty space in the wheel lug pad. Only a few companies had what looked like would work 60* taper, 1/2-20 thread open end with a shank but they did not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Turbo70Camaro

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Also rear DA Viking shocks installed. Had to use shock extender but that left a sort of space between the threaded extender and the actual threaded shock stud so I made up some stainless spacers that fit perfectly to give more strength to the assembly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. rustorbust

rustorbust Veteran Member

Dec 14, 2009
    San Diego
    I put a set of the Viking crusader DA shocks on the back of my car and it made a HUGE difference in how the car left. You will like them.

4. Turbo70Camaro

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Good to know, how's your car doing. I noticed your getting injectors cleaned you lookin for more power?

5. rustorbust

Dec 14, 2009
    San Diego
    I got it all torn apart and just doing maintenance on the injectors. Im actually building a new motor for it and putting a set of twins on it. I had a roller lifter take a dump in the old motor and sent a bunch of metal through the motor. So i decided to build another motor with all good parts and im putting a set of 75mm Borg Warners on it. Waiting for the rotating assembly to come back from balancing now and i should be able to start assembling everything. Im looking for a set of good aluminum heads local or somewhere in Socal before I buy a new set if you know of any.

But yea....to answer your question, im hoping for quite a bit more power :)

6. Turbo70Camaro

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Sum bish you lookin at 13-1400 hp?

As for aluminum heads your best bet is to call a few of the good engine builders and see if they have anything ready to go that customers backed out on.

7. rustorbust

Dec 14, 2009
    San Diego
    Yea, hoping to work it up to 1500 eventually. There are a couple local shops here in San Diego that I am going to call first, most of them think they have gold though and want more than what I could get a set of box stock heads for.

8. bitchin'71SS

bitchin'71SS Veteran Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Nice! what extenders are you running? Dig the spacer it looks like it'll be much stronger that way.

Love everything your doing with this car. from turbo plumbing to lugnuts.. just awesome, built to last!

9. Turbo70Camaro

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
  10. chuck_skywalker

chuck_skywalker Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    lol that is a massive turbo! im digging the trunk set up!