Ttops on a 74 camaro

Discussion in '1974 Specific' started by midtens, Oct 20, 2016.

1. midtens

midtens New Member

May 27, 2013
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    I am looking for info from anywhere about ttops on a 74 camaro that I am thinking about buying. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Mike

Attached Files:

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

May 21, 2014
    Hutto, TX
    I don't see anything here about T-Tops being available in 1974. http://www.nastyz28.com/camaro/camaro74.html
    Someone added fender flares, so they probably added the T-Tops, too. I guess there could be a small chance of the dealer adding them when the car was new, but I strongly doubt it. Maybe they're Corvette T-Tops!

Here's a website about T-Tops like Hurst, Cars & Concepts, Fisher, and American Hatch installed on Pontiacs. It says T-Tops began on those cars in 1976. http://www.pontiacsonline.com/Those 70's T-Tops.htm

3. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

No such thing from the factory. Aftermarket or transplanted roof.

I f you are buying I would very much suggest when you inspect look under the top weather stripping and see how much rust is under there.

Also I am not an expert at all these different types of tops, but I think parts are scarce for some of them, so verify what kind they are and make sure you are not buying something useless

4. 79RedZ

79RedZ Veteran Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Hamilton,MI
    Those look like Hurst t-tops.

fast231 likes this.
  5. midtens

midtens New Member

May 27, 2013
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    I have looked at the tops and there is no rust whatsoever. The cuts are perfect and smooth as is the headliner and board. This is not a back yard hack job. It has dual handles which is what Hurst has from what I have found in the internet. This car has been sitting for over 20 years. The flares are a back yard hack job so it does need quarters but the rockers floorboards trunk pan and rear frame rails are in excellent shape

6. midtens

midtens New Member

May 27, 2013
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    I have new front fenders that I bought years ago still in their factory box so the front is already taken care of the motor is a 4bolt with 2.02 heads The car I can get for about 800-1000 dollars. I have read somewhere that there were about 500 of these made. That is what I am trying to find out. Who and where and when. It's just like the opera windows that i never new existed until I actually saw some ( don't care for them) but they do exist

7. BonzoHansen

GM did not make factory T top cars in 1974. Where did you read that?

just make sure you look under he w/s. pry it up with a small screwdriver or something. I've seen t-roofs that look great until you look deep under the w/s.

Can you get parts for Hurst tops? w/s, trim parts, etc? I don't know, just curious.

8. midtens

midtens New Member

May 27, 2013
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    I don't know if I can get parts. That is what I'm trying to find out I love the 74 and with ttops this is a bonus. Like I said there is no rust whatsoever around the tops

9. BonzoHansen

I'd verify the brand and check all the parts are there. Maybe some better pics. Then maybe check with F Body warehouse and the other parts houses like camaro central or NPD to see what is available to you.

honestly for that price just buy it, worst case is your part it out and make money.