trunk to trunk filler fit question

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by Alex n, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Alex n

Alex n Member

Oct 8, 2014
    I am fitting the trunk/trunk filler panel and have the following question, Does the trunk flow into the filler on the same angle or does the filler kick up at the top? If you put a straight edge on the top of the trunk filler onto the trunk is there a gap at the seam between tho two panels? Thanks in advance , I'm stopping what I'm doing until I can get this figured out for sure.

2. steins70z28

steins70z28 Veteran Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Tulsa, OK
    The trunk lid and filler panel should be flush with the edge / line of the qtr panel which means you should be able the lay a straight edge across the filler panel and the trunk lid without any gap.

3. steins70z28

steins70z28 Veteran Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Tulsa, OK
    If the filler panel is a repo they're bad about being oversized from the original.

4. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    image.jpg image.jpg Should be pretty level, my filler panel is aftermarket also

5. Lou6t4gto

Lou6t4gto Veteran Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Ocala, Fla
    we bought BOTH the filler and deck lid from NPD, they were SO BAD, you couldn't MAKE them "fit" each other (and they were Made by the same company). Aftermarket garbage ! they are supposed to match perfectly.

Zstar likes this.
  6. NOT A TA

NOT A TA Veteran Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Delray Beach Florida
    I've come across two versions of GM filler panels. Those with a couple trim studs by the center screw hole along the trunk edge and also those without. Can't be positive of any details about years or whether originally on Camaros or birds because I've had many of both and parted lots of cars. On cars where the filler panel is too low in the middle but the filler and deck lid are flush with the quarters a filler with the studs lines up perfect so the filler is flush with the deck lid in the middle. Never tried aftermarket fillers or deck lids so no experience with those.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]