Track closing

Discussion in 'Competition Camaros' started by Jim184, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Jim184

Jim184 Veteran Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Creamridge, NJ
    It's official Racewaypark Englishtown NJ drag strip is closed there is no racing in 2018

2. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.
    Probably a bunch of rich people moving in next door then complaining about the noise. There is a town south of me that wants to ban railroad locomotives from blowing their horns. You buy a house next to train tracks and then complain about the noise??? A few years ago, the crossing in question were way out in the country.

3. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Horrible news, way too famous of a track to just close & be used to store broken down cars :(

The train deal is absolutely true.
    In my area the homes are $500,000 to a million plus and they made them put up barriers between the lane and all the crossing are now no horn zones!
    It must of cost the train people millions of dollars to rebuild all the roads around the many many crossing around here!!!
    Plus they put a limit on the number of trains they can run on their own tracks that have probably been there 100 years??
    Way before there was more than a hand full of farm houses.

4. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Tampa, FL
  5. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
    A bunch of us(now homeless etown points racers) have decided to run at Island dragway this year. Ill start a thread when we figure out what weekends we will be there.

BonzoHansen likes this.
  6. 79Zee28

79Zee28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northern, NJ
    I never ran my car there nor ever made it down to the track. However, it was on my list for 2018. Now its too late. Growing up in Northern NJ, one can not forget those Raceway Park commercials!