TPI wiring help

Discussion in 'Arizona Region' started by Camarofan89, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Camarofan89

Camarofan89 New Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Phoenix, Az
    Hows it going everyone. So I've tried to look for any information on this forum already so that I don't have to waste anyone's time but couldn't find anything. Anyways so I'm installing a tuned port injection system onto my 350. Everything is going smooth with the wiring instructions ive found online but for some reason when I turn the ignition on. The fuel pump primes for a few seconds then dies ( no power) when I check the relay same thing. It clicks and gets power but then dies. Anyone out there familiar with this swap or this situation ?
    Any information helps and thanks in advance everyone .

2. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio
    Normal. Fuel pump starts then stops, needs an RPM reading for the computer to restart it, or sometimes there is also a backup with an oil pressure switch to get it running.

3. hoppin5478

hoppin5478 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Tucson, AZ
    Its been a while since I completed a TPI swap but the other poster is correct. That's normal for the fuel pump when the ignition is cycled and car not fired up. If you start it and it dies after a few seconds it could be the oil pressure switch or depending on the year gm had a VATS security system that required the CPU to read a resister placed in the key. If the CPU doesn't see the correct resistance it'll shut the engine off after a few seconds.