tire shine

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by wardracing, May 8, 2011.

1. wardracing

wardracing Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2011
    columbus,ohio
    just wanted to share my experience with this product i just tried.

i have always wanted a nice long lasting (not a crazy shine) but a new looking tire. i work at advance auto parts, and i tested every single tire shine we cary in the store, and wasn't very satisfied with any of them.

until i tried Meguiars gold class endurance tire gel. yes the gel not the aerosol or the spray bottle, but the gel just simply apply it with a tire shine applicator or a applicator pad, and just simply wipe it on.

i think we have had 2 or 3 days of no rain in the past 3 weeks and columbus area is basically flooded, and i applied it exactly 3 weeks ago on sunday. ( april 24 )

and it is still shinning. might not be the best shine after all that rain, but it still looks nice. and my truck parks out side and is not garaged.

the best part is that it smells likes grapes! lol:crazy:

before i used this i kind off gave up hope and stopped using tire shines because i just was to messy, didnt last or shines to much. but this will defiantly be on my camaro's tires at every car show!

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?T1=MEG+G7516

2. hoov81

hoov81 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    kenosha, WI
    I'll have to try that

3. Jas0n

Jas0n Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Verona, ITALY
    Thanks for sharing! I gotta find it!!

4. wardracing

Jan 19, 2011
    columbus,ohio
    im sure most car parts stores will cary it i know advance has it

5. fbody_mike

fbody_mike Veteran Member

I use Meguiars Tire Gel too. It does work great, it lasts a last long time too even after car washes. I think I bought my bottle like 2 years ago and it is barely half empty, a little goes a long way. Just don't put too much on or it will fling off onto your fenders. But you do not need to use much.

6. wardracing

Jan 19, 2011
    columbus,ohio
  7. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    I broke down and bought some of this Meguiars gold class endurance tire gel....

Fantastic product!!!! :D

My tires were getting a brown stain to them from whatever I used last Fall so I decided to try to clean them up.

I used some 320 grit sandpaper (to cut into the brown film) then scrubbed them with a moist terry towel to get down to bare rubber.

It only takes a little of this gel to do a tire and they still look very good two weeks later.... Even after getting caught in the rain and driving on wet roads.

8. camaro19791000

camaro19791000 Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2009
    El paso Texas
    yeah awsome product, but if you lived in an area with lots of dirt or sand, its will stick to that tire like theirs no tomorrow. we used to use it at a car wash I used to work people would come back saying we didnt clean their tires:/ but then again i live in the middle of the desert

9. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 22, 2001
    Carmel, NY
    Thanks for the tip. Im gonna give it a shot.

10. ATM

ATM Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Morris, Illinois
    I've got that stuff. I do like it but forgot about it. Need to shine the rims and tires on my sub.