Tire rack

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by cubangt, Oct 15, 2013.

1. cubangt

cubangt Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Katy, Tx
    That's a great idea and if the tires were only on there for small amounts of time, I would probably do that, but they will probably be up there as long as we live in this house, they are an extra set for my wifes T/A. And that car will eventually get redone also and probably use the rims or may just sell them, who knows.. I just wanted to clear up some floor space in that corner to put a engine stand and block up, and a lot more stuff..

2. woody80z28

woody80z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 8, 2004
    walton, ny usa
    Jegs has them on sale for $50 all the time. I got one there and I like it. At that price it's hard to build one cheaper...

[​IMG]

3. cubangt

Jul 5, 2010
    Katy, Tx
    Yea I saw and found those in the catalogs, but I was looking to spend as little as possible, and I had most everything to make mine out of wood. Only thing I had to go buy were longer lag bolts, the ones I had barely even made it thru the sheet rock, so I think for the one I hung, cost about $6 or so in bolts and washers.. I built a 2nd one, but may not use it since we are focusing on the attic space to put a lot of the stuff, so the other 6 tires and rims may go up there since I wont need them for a long time

4. cubangt

Jul 5, 2010
    Katy, Tx
    Finished corner of the garage with the rack painted and in use
    [​IMG]

5. Jas0n

Jas0n Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Verona, ITALY
  6. loyal guardian

loyal guardian Veteran Member

Aug 28, 2013
    helena mt
    Dont forget to gorilla glue each joint of wood, along with your nails/screws. Did that to a bookshelf as i assembled it and im pretty sure it could go through an earthquake and still be solid!