Tire Polish

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by bfmgoalie, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Little Naples

Little Naples Veteran Member

Ive used a lot of tire products and I think Mother's Reflection is the best by far.....it's fantastic....satin finish makes the tire look new, not overly black like some other cleaners that make the tire look gooey black....the secret to any tire polish is to have the rubber clean before you apply any product....soap doesn't work because it leaves a film....get a quality rubber cleaner like Mother's Tire cleaner, rinse and let dry and then apply Reflections.

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/10324_b.html

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  2. rscamaro73

rscamaro73 Administrator Staff Member

2001. Spray it on heavy and wet. When it dries, its glass slick ;)

Its a 'trick' (amongst other things) used under the hood for a 'new look' in there ;)

3. April81Z28

April81Z28 Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Eldersburg, MD, USA
    I don't like the slick look, either. I use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to clean the white letters and use the Zaino Tire Perfect. Looks like fresh, clean rubber.

4. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

going to try that tomorrow .........thanks april !!!!!!:) :)

5. 1980z28fromhell

1980z28fromhell Veteran Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2003
    hanford ca
    i like the gel dressings and they dont sling on your paint .. just cut a piece of sponge and get it wet/wring it out and apply gel with the sponge ..easy to control .. im a pro detailer and i dont mind giving my opinion if someone needs help around here

6. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

what's the best product for a natural look on white letter tires

7. dynobrat

dynobrat Veteran Member

May 28, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    you can use hot soapy water and a knucklebrush to clean white letter tires. I always used to dip the knucklebrush in hot water than pour liquid detergent on the brush and have at'er. Armour all works, but it dries within a few days and then goes spotty. I've used comet and ajax countless times to clean whitewalls/letters as well with excellent results. Hot water alone does wonders.

spray on tire foam works well too I don't let it sit and dry, just spray it on and go over it with a damp cloth to polish it and remove any excess

- the sun is far more damaging to a tire than armor all

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  8. DUSK BLUE

DUSK BLUE Veteran Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Florida "Land Of Q TIPS"
    The easiest for me is Meguiars HOT SHINE aresol. Once dry it will not sling all over your 1/4's or fenders.
    I also use a commercial product by Malco called Apeal..Smells like bananna.
    You brush it on.
    To clean my tires I actually use laquer thinner, don't know if its good for the rubber but it sure cleans them up nice.

9. Damon23

Damon23 Veteran Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Georgia
    I've used laquer thinner before and know some folks that do and they dont have issues. I have BFG's on my car and the problem I have is the yellowing of the letters and one of my tires, no matter what I do, gets a crusty ring around it. I've cleaned and cleaned and the ring will appear. I wonder if it is something to do with the manufacturing of that particular tire.

10. noobwrench

noobwrench Veteran Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Lodi/Burson California
    [​IMG]

Is the best by a LONGSHOT. Lasts 3-6 weeks normally.