Time to build new work bench.

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by olstyle, Sep 21, 2009.

1. olstyle

olstyle Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Crestwood IL.
    I figure since the camaros done(till winter), it is time to build the work bench I wanted since we moved in a year and a half ago. As ya all know the car comes first lol
    So here is what I am starting with, this old rinky dink thing has gotta go! The new one will be the same style. 2x4's and 1/2" plywood. 8' on the back wall and 6' on the side wall from the corner. With a shelve at 20" from the floor and the top about 40" from the floor. 2' deep from the wall. Wish me luck lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 79camaro2001

79camaro2001 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 4, 2003
    Monroeville, PA
    Good luck, I've taken a break from my garage. I need to pull the camaro out and start pulling more stuff out of there.

3. olstyle

Jan 27, 2008
    Crestwood IL.
    Thanks
    I hate making a mess to clean a mess lol

4. green 1977

green 1977 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 18, 2003
    On Wisconsin!
    LUCK!!!
    LOL Guy, my wife keeps reminding me that the tops of the counter out in the garage is not a shelf to pile things on....
    I am glad I have 10 foot ceilings out in the garage... it gives me room for an additional shelf... and I can walk under the bikes hanging from the ceiling

Good luck on your project

5. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Cool, why don't you incorporate a lower bench/desk for the computer to sit at also.
    Or - make it sit higher, then you can get one of those fancy spin stools to sit at the computer with. Like the ones in this pic. It's STILL fun to Sit n Spin!! LOL
    [​IMG]

6. mach158

mach158 Veteran Member

Aug 7, 2001
    Iowa
    I did something half way similar but no plywood and not as deep. Basically had some 20' 2x4's laying around so I threw this together in 30 minutes so I at least had some kind of bench.

[​IMG]

7. olstyle

Jan 27, 2008
    Crestwood IL.
    10" ceilings would be great, lots of room for shelves/cabinets. Maybe we should rename workbenches....................workbench/catch all LOL

8. olstyle

Jan 27, 2008
    Crestwood IL.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, now ya got me thinkin lol
    Maybe I'll make the side 8' also, that will give room for the puter and free up more floor space. I do have 2 bar stools, but they don't spin lol

9. olstyle

Jan 27, 2008
    Crestwood IL.
    30 mins.............very cool and useable.

10. green 1977

green 1977 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 18, 2003
    On Wisconsin!
    LOL I wonder if wifey would go for that........................................................lmbo.... just asked..........nope..... she saw right through it;) :crazy: