time for a tidy up

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by adam 71, Mar 2, 2018.

1. adam 71

adam 71 Member

Oct 20, 2010
    perth western australia
    Been on this page for a while now and thought I'd post some pics of my car. bought it about 9 years ago. gave it a quick paint job next to the shed. it has a few issues with the paint. so I decided to strip it down and repaint it. going to paint it inferno orange metallic. the car itself is in great shape. I have stripped the body to bare metal, seven coats of paint on the old girl. no wonder it had problems. I think I may have dropped the weight of the car substantially by doing this. LOL. its a genuine 71 rallysport with factory air and power steering.The car goes like a rocket thanks to a late friend who built me the engine before he passed away.SBC350 around 530HP at the fly and built to handle a 500HP shot of nitrous, still needs tuning yet. kitted and refurbed t350 trans, 2800 hi stall. original 10 bolt with a lockrite centre and 3.73 gears. car is currently in perth western australia. I put it on club registration which is about a tenth the cost of full rego, without any real restrictions on driving it. just can't be used as a daily driver really. anyway this is my car and I love it
    IMAG0752.jpg

Attached Files:

2. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2016
    sarasota
    Very nice! Ud really like to see a shot of the hood. Looks interesting.

3. adam 71

adam 71 Member

Oct 20, 2010
    perth western australia
    Yeah. I had to cut a hole in it to fit the engine under it. Put a fibreglass cowl scoop on top. will paint it the same as the car, I'd really love a steel cowl induction hood but the freight cost getting it to australia is ridiculous. this will do though! IMAG0764[1].jpg

4. zeventy128

zeventy128 Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Queensland
  5. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Very nice looking car!!

6. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    I like your hood, and DAMN, $907.35 for a cowl hood in AU, hope that AU dollars are easier to come by then US dollars HAA HA , I will have to ask my buddy james@a2zvehicleparts.com what he would charge to ship to AU, he could probably group orders together and get parts there a lot cheaper!!
    I must have missed it Adam, what color are you going to paint the car, just got mine recently painted with the same hood as shown in the ad I think , I when with blue, oh, you want to see, no problem, HAA HA
    1971 Camaro new paint.jpg

adam 71 likes this.
  7. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    ^God that is beautiful!!! What color is it?

8. adam 71

adam 71 Member

Oct 20, 2010
    perth western australia
    Very nice colour mate. I am going inferno orange metallic. 2013 Camaro color

9. dave@ztech

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    I was also thinking of a similar color,Volcanic Orange, I think it is called , on the McLaren car, however the body shop said it was a 3 stage color and would be expensive, so I went with PPG Blue Heaven, basically a blue pearl , I can hardly wait to see how yours turns out in the inferno orange , and I will talk to James, and see what the deal is to get reasonably priced parts to AU

10. dave@ztech

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    PPG Blue Heaven, a pearl blue , and Thanks for the compliment !!

Zstar likes this.