This one's for you Sal

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Dave Nelson, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Both make me think of the TV commercial, "Eatin' good in the neighborhood!".

sal70ss likes this.
  2. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    Me too....

sal70ss likes this.
  3. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    I don't know Sal, but this sure looks to me like a franchising opportunity! Look at the interest it's generated just on this site. And it's a car site!!! Even after I eat I can't look at one of your pies(pizza or otherwise) without getting hungry. Nothing like a NY pizza, and it looks like you got it down. Show'em how it's done Papa Sal. There's a tiny NY style shop around here (Rockaway, like the NJ one) and they're killin it. Just sayin...lol.

sal70ss likes this.
  4. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Sal, around here they usually use a clam sauce. It sorta tastes like N.E. clam chowder.

sal70ss likes this.
  5. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    Do you deliver?

sal70ss and xten like this.
  6. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Auburn NY
    Thanks for all the compliments guys. I've been in the pizza business since 1983, I was 16 years old and my family since the 60s, now I'm approaching 51 years old in December. Wife and I are tired, and emotionally drained. We had a good talk after the tragic and devastating accident to our beloved son and , we are going put the business up for sale soon. We've been asked from some many people over the years to open pizzeria all over the place, we appreciate it but, I'm looking to slow it down a bit, and relax more.

Dave Nelson likes this.
  7. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    I totally understand Sal. Unless someone has been in business, they don't realize the stress involved. Then, with the restaurant business (especially pizza) hours, it really kills social life. I don't regret selling my shops for one minute. I do miss making pies and definitely the money but not the stress.

8. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    I'm kind of in the same boat Sal. Started my business in 1979, and I'm 65.My dad had the same business, so I grew up with it too. I'm also slowing down now, mostly doing administrative. Took a hospital stay to wise me up and adjust priorities. IMO that's too long to do anything, even if it feels good. I have to point out in my post about franchises I did say "Just sayin". In these parts you can get away with just about anything by saying that, Example:
    You;"Your sister's a whore".
    Your Buddy;"WHAT!!!???"
    You; "Just sayin...."
    Your Buddy; "Oh, OK."

sal70ss likes this.
  9. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Litchfield, NH
    None of us is getting any younger. Slowing down to smell the roses is a good idea. I am 60 and have been working since I was 13. I have a stable job now and looking forward to retirement someday (if i can stop spending money on cars).

I am sure many of us have lived through tragedy but none can be worse than losing a child. However, in each of these, we learn something about life, perception, priorities and hopefully the only positive we get is to appreciate each day and each minute with our loved ones and our Camaro's of course.

God bless, I pray for and wish you happiness and peace.

Smokey15 and sal70ss like this.
  10. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Auburn NY
    Yep you know what I'm talking about. Not to mention dealing with dickheads all day long everyday.
    Thanks Dan, I appreciate the kind words