This '73 RS Worth The $?

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by Emerson Duxbury, Jan 22, 2017.

1. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2010
    erie, PA
    nope

everything around here is rusted to hell

the one you mentioned isn't a bad car, but they just are not selling for that much in that kind of shape

2. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2010
    erie, PA
    and that hole in the frame rail?

now not even $5k

3. Cooldawg

Cooldawg Veteran Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Angola, IN
    Your car is out there, you just need to be patient and keep looking. I looked for years prior to buying mine... And here's the biggie:

Make sure to keep your wits when you do. It should have nothing to do with how much money you have to spend (my mistake), or how many others might, or might not be, out there. Take your time. Offer an honest critique along with information you've discovered that supports your offer. That may be a little more than your budget or a little less. Be prepared to go both ways.

It is far less risky than buying a new car. There's always going to be inherent value to things that are becoming more scarce in supply. Enjoy, and good luck with the search!

4. Djais1801

Djais1801 Member

Nov 27, 2016
    well said!

5. Emerson Duxbury

Emerson Duxbury New Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thank you everyone for the information!! I greatly appreciate it. I am moving past this one and the search continues! Ya'll helped me dodge a bullet. Thanks again!

Djais1801 likes this.
  6. Lynd McCormick

Lynd McCormick New Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Finleyville, PA
    Emerson, did you find one yet? I live in Pittsburgh and I've been searching for a few months now. They're out there, I've seen a few but still looking for exactly what I want. You'll need to go up to $20+ to get something worth while I think. I'm close to closing a deal on a 73 RS/Z28 and I'm looking at a '71 Z28 on Sunday. The '73 an outstanding car in a horrible color, just rotisseried 2 years ago, but I'll be looking at a repaint. If you get a retired drag car, you can get a little lower price but it all depends on what you want to end up with. Bodyman, I'm close to you right outside of South Park.

7. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    Lynd ur right down the road from me, make sure u post up some pics when u find something. There tuff to find around here for a decent price, i looked for a year for my 73Z and ended up finding it right over the hill in Pleasent Hills two minutes from my house

8. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    I looked for over 20 years and gave up. Then a friend came into my shop, and one fell into my lap. From California. I got lucky. Just like women in my case, couldn't find a good one till I quit looking.

9. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Its 2017.......No need to over spend for a car because they are rare in "your" area. There are nicer cars all over this country! Spend $800-$1000 to ship a solid car to you is better then over paying AND have some significant work to do to it. That being said, who cares what we say, the value is with the buyer. If you want to spend $10K for that car, go for it. I'm just saying there are better cars out there for that kind of money. You just have to look for them.

10. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2008
    SF
    Let me know where and when you guys find one for under 10k in running condition, rust free and complete.

I’m in Los Angeles and 70-73 basket Cases are selling high
    It’s a shame because I used to pass on these for 2500-3000 running

xten likes this.