Third gen daily driver project...

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Region' started by CamaroDoc, Jun 4, 2017.

1. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2003
    Skiatook, Okla. 74070
    Sunday, my brother gave me a new grey carpet set as a late Christmas present. I hope this weekend will be warm enough to put it in. Then I can start going back together with the rest of the interior... :)

2. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio
    Interesting project. All that paint could be a good protection package for the steel. Good looking floor steel too. And that dash pad looks pretty good for a sun belt state car. Are the 307 balancer and flywheel the same as the 305? Third gens are getting pretty rare around here, get some attention when one goes by. Keep us posted here.

3. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2003
    Skiatook, Okla. 74070
    The balancers and flywheels are essentially the same but I,m running the 307's original balancer and pulley setup with the 305's flywheel. So far I have found absolutely no rust on the body at all. The T top divider bar had some minor rust along the edge but nothing that will require replacement. Hopefully there won't be any nasty surprises hiding under the old carpet. I don't expect any but you never know. My parts car has perfect floor pans if I need them.

4. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2002
    Jennings, OK
    What happened to driving it before the end of last summer? Com' on man!

5. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2003
    Skiatook, Okla. 74070
    Lack of cash and cold weather, for the most part. I had to empty out one of my other storage units and the car got buried up and inaccessible. Also, I don't have effective heat in the shop when it gets really cold. My brother snagging me every weekend to help him with his Firebird didn't help either... :rolleyes:

6. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2002
    Jennings, OK
    What... it's been cold up there? It's pretty toasty down here