Thinking of buying a blast cabinet

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by Marks71BB, Feb 18, 2008.

1. 3SLO5

3SLO5 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 7, 2001
    Edison NJ USA
    yea im deffinitly undersized in the air compressor department.

2. 79supergasdriver

79supergasdriver Veteran Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Wichita, KS, USA
  3. 74marolt

74marolt Veteran Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Thats because that was a YEAR ago

4. 79supergasdriver

79supergasdriver Veteran Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Wichita, KS, USA
    No need for ATTITUDE...I read through the entire thread and made the post without looking at the dates. Wanted to ensure he didn't inadvertently link to the wrong thing...I've done it before.

5. 3SLO5

3SLO5 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 7, 2001
    Edison NJ USA
    i have the harbor freight cabinet and it goes on sale quite often,the summit racing one is the same one. Everyone says the gun in it is crap but i havnt had a problem with it, when it clogs i just unhook the rubber feed hose stick the tip in the feed tube to the media the gun backfires and shoots the clog out the bottom and put the a siphon hose back on and off i go. The biggest thing i put in it is sbc headers they fit caddycorner,wheels also fit in there. If you use just the aluminim oxide like black beauty it gets very cloudy but if you mix it 50/50 with glass bead it doesnt get nearly as cloudy. Also silicone all the joints after you first assemble it otherwise it will leak a slight bit and get on the floor a little.

6. mikey_350

mikey_350 Veteran Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Saskatchewan
    My experience with the princess auto sand blasting cabinet ( same as the harbor freight one) is that the gun air flow trigger gets messed up after a while and just stick open when the trigger is closed ( the o ring comes out and you have to disassemble it) so instead i put a 1/4 valve before the gun so that works great now, but the cabinet leaks like a sieve and i got sick of ripping it apart to reseal everything. not only that, but with silica sand it gets uber dusty in there and the light system isnt the best IMO.

i like the concept of the cabinet but i didnt like the quality...