The Z-Corn. My 80 Z28.

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by ISRcamaro, Oct 23, 2016.

1. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Montgomery, AL US
    I don't know how I got that5 in there rather than a 2? That is the kit I used. Looking good!!

2. ISRcamaro

ISRcamaro Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Israel
  3. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Waupaca WI
    Any chance did you not put the car under its own weight before torquing down the A-Arm bolts? If the car was up in the air when arms were tightened down would cause the car to sit high.

4. ISRcamaro

ISRcamaro Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Israel
  5. ISRcamaro

ISRcamaro Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Israel
    I didn't tightened the A-arms bolts yet. I did tight a little bit but not by torquing. Maybe I'm wrong and what I tightened was too tight... Will check it! Thanks.

6. ISRcamaro

ISRcamaro Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Israel
    Hey guys
    Having a chance to share my nickle of wisdom from my experience - The trunk torsion bars.
    When I installed my trunk torsion bars of course I searched after manuals and YouTube videos.
    I saw a lot of people struggling to get those hard bars in and heard a lot of breaking the rear glass (of course if there's no rear glass it much much easier but my car had glass).
    Well, I struggled with my torsion bars at the begging - the first thinner one was easy and I thought - alright piece of cake. A little muscle but easy. But the thicker one was really a PITA.
    We saw a lot of video were people recommended about taking a little pipe and use it as a leverage for twisting the thicker bar 180 degrees. We manage to do it but trying to push it in was really hard. Specially with the fact the the glass is less then an inch from the hings.
    After a couple of trying we came up with a great simple idea that made the job MUCH easier and less riskier since the tool we made did help to save the rod from twisting back and damage the glass.
    I tried with my poor sketch abilities to explain what we did and hope it helps. Any questions feel free to ask.
    It's 2 men job. DON'T FORGET TO WEAR GLOVES EYE PROTECTION AND SOME PROTECTION LIKE OLD COATS OR BLANKETS TO THE GLASS ITSELF
    1 - the stronger one - twisting the bar with the leverage pipe 180 degrees and trying to get as close as he can to the location at the hinge to insert the bar.
    2 - the less stronger - taking the tool we created. A strong metal pipe with a small deep tunnel we cut from it to catch the bar. And push it down to the bar location. we manage to it in seconds and at first try.
    I hope my sketches helps. The tools we used (2 pipes) are the ones the fill with black painting. Black thin line is the car and the red thick line represents the bar.

Trunk.png Trunk2.png

7. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Waupaca WI
    Sounds bad ass....

8. ISRcamaro

ISRcamaro Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Israel
    Thanks Bandit!

Any idea if the E parking cables supposed to go under the exhaust?
    I have costume straight pipes and the cables rubs the pipes. Not sure how harmful it is but does it supposed to be that way?
    I'm thinking about buying shower head steel pipe just for the parts it rubs to protect the cables.