The ultimate mouse trap.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by LADDTWZ, Nov 20, 2017.

1. LADDTWZ

LADDTWZ Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Schoolcraft, Michigan
    Dirt - That's an interesting twist. Like the cover. Would like to see the hole as well.

I have mine where the doggies cannot get at it in a closed up lean to. Think I got about 24 last year. Love that thing.

2. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    I made a couple different ones. This is the Mountain Dew special, lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dave Nelson and budro6968 like this.
  3. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Really? I've never seen one jump out of a dry 5 gallon bucket - ever. They all just get bored and die.
    Maybe they're all just fat on our farm..lol

4. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    I like those! I've got mice up in my attic and in the ceiling over our kitchen dining area. I catch probably six or seven mice every couple of months. My dog out back has also done a couple in and two days ago my cat had a snack and left behind just the head and front paws as one piece and then the tail off by itself. I was very happy with her for doing that but wish she hadn't left the pieces on the floor in the main hallway!

5. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    I had a bare Camaro sub frame that got infested. We have China berry trees that support the little buggers, They make millions of berries with seeds. I poured gas down the 2 front rails and light it. BOOM! A couple rats booked out of there. My Dogs were waiting and got one right off. The second jumped on my middle fence rail and ran down the length. Both Dogs got a hold of it and had a little tug of war and ripped it in half. I never saw anything like it before. The heart was still beating. My Biggest dog had his part and flipped it in the air and bounced it off his nose a couple times like a Seal with a ball then did this real fast chomping of the head and dropped it at my feet. They were such a good team.

6. LADDTWZ

LADDTWZ Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Schoolcraft, Michigan
    Our cat downstairs does the same thing. Drives me crazy.

My 2 labs are good at that. The big male ( 105lbs) cant catch crap, but he gets them moving and my female crushes them. She kills everything from mice / shrews, chipmunks, squirrels, woodchucks, opossums, you name, she kills it. Just a machine of killing stuff. She is better at killing mice than the cat in my shop. Useless cat anyway....

budro6968 likes this.
  7. LADDTWZ

LADDTWZ Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Schoolcraft, Michigan
    Dirt - thanks, I like the hole idea and might build another on that way.

8. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.

A friend has a Jack Russel Terrier. Generally it's a friendly well socialized dog. She just adores me and will climb on my lap if I sit down. Very intelligent and his kids are always teaching her new tricks. A large mouse managed to get in his house while she was sitting in my lap and all of a sudden, that dog became a solid mass of tense muscle. Boom! She was over there like a shot. She went after that mouse and was barking like I was supposed to move the furniture for her. When I pulled one end away from the wall, she went to the other end and nailed that mouse as it ran out. She dropped it once it was dead and was the same friendly little dog she always is. He flushed the corpse down the toilet and we went back to watching race footage from his dash cam.

Da-bigguy and budro6968 like this.
  9. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    I was going to put one in my attic but I got lucky. My neighbor took in some outside cats. They have solved the neighborhood mouse problem.

10. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 15, 2004
    Bunker Hill, IL
    Gonna have to build one like that myself Dirt. I like that you can put a lid on the bucket on your design so no worries of my dog getting into it.