The ultimate mouse trap.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by LADDTWZ, Nov 20, 2017.

1. LADDTWZ

LADDTWZ Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Schoolcraft, Michigan
    Had to build the ultimate mouse death trap. Cant use poison because my doggies would find it and that would be bad. Conventional traps mean removing mouse 1 at a time. Plus this is great for the ever pesky chipmunks.

Little antifreeze in bottom. Water would work, but freeze and I prefer them to die a painful death as to all the crap they have chew to poo

Peanut butter on pop bottle that's drilled for a small rod and spins. They run up the board, jump to the bottle and spin to their death !!
    mouse trap.jpg

Smokey15 likes this.
  2. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Auburn NY
    Yep saw a very similar bucket from a buddy of mine last year. He said it worked very well.

3. wiseryder

wiseryder Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 11, 2004
    belding,mi USA
    They work, I been using them for years

4. sprink

sprink Veteran Member

Apr 27, 2008
    ffx, va
    Careful w the antifreeze. Dogs will suck it up.
    Have an Uncle who left buckets out after winterizing boat. Dog drank, no more dog.

5. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    It is strange that they don't try to jump out. They can jump backwards higher than I stand. I had one in a 32gal trash can that I tried to kill with a 2x4. Took a couple stabs and missed then it jumped backward and almost hit my face. Little bastards. I put traps out all the time. The bucket type work well. Must be something about being in the water and they just croak after a while.

6. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    I made one of those yesterday. I cut a hole in the side of the bucket so I can put a lid on it (dog can't get in it), and I put a gallon of washer fluid or rv antifreeze in it. It will fill up with mice all winter without resetting, and the antifreeze will keep them from stinking.
    [​IMG]

Smokey15 likes this.
  7. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Jan 20, 2014
    away from the crazies
    dude you spelled peanut butter rong

8. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2016
    sarasota
    Yup, just a teaspoon of antifreeze can kill a dog. Be careful. Best just to use water.

chevyJeff1 likes this.
  9. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    You know mice can't spell, how are they supposed to understand if I spell it right? I didn't take a pic of the other one that said "Yummay - Pnut Butur".

10. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    That is a newer version than what I used. My old one was just with water because I had a dog and cat. Show the hole you made for them to get in. I like the idea of covering to keep others out and the ones you want to stay in. I set up larger traps for the Big Varmints like Opossoms. I ended up catching squirrels in them too. I kept catching the same Opposom. I moved it to a location about 5 miles away. I had too many getting in my garage and one got up in my crawl space through a hole in my soffit screen. I could not get that bugger out. I set up a bunch of the Big Victor Rat traps no bait all around the top of my fence that went around the side where he climbed up. One night I heard that familiar snap of the trap. I looked out my window and there he was straddling the top of the fence. I ran out there and brained him with an old Aluminum crutch my Dad used. The bugger never moved. I planted him in the front yard. Fixed my screen and have had none back in the crawl space. One month I got 27 Rats 5 Opossoms and 6 Squirrels. I skinned the Squirrels and saved them for a BBQ. The rest went to the great beyond. I have a restaurant behind my house so there are many Varmints that try to take up residence. The battle never ends. But I slowed it down for a little while. I found some baby rats. Little pinkies, I gave to my chickens. They tore them up.