the pain in my butt A.K.A. garage

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by MEAN79, Aug 5, 2009.

1. POS71RS

POS71RS Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 21, 2002
    Central Coast, CA
    there's work to do, but it looks like you have the energy available to ya...
    Nice Rockstar collection... ;)

2. MEAN79

MEAN79 Veteran Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Manhattan, Kansas
    Ya I got a unhealthy addiction to caffeine. Pot of coffee in the morning then a rockstar on the way to work. About 7 pops through the day then a pot of coffee after work. Then sleep and repeat. :D

3. Mr.SS

Mr.SS Veteran Member Gold Member

Aug 10, 2006
    NS.
    Holy crap, I would never sleep. :eek:

4. MEAN79

MEAN79 Veteran Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Manhattan, Kansas
    I put in about 70 hours a week at my job and polishing parts. Plus remodeling my house. And trying to work on my car when I can. And helping some bands in the area record there music when they need me.
    I get only about 30-35 hours of sleep a week. So I need all that caffeine just to function.

Wife is making me take 5 days of from work next week to rest. But I will more and likely work on my car. What am I saying I know I will work on my car;)

5. POS71RS

Aug 21, 2002
    Central Coast, CA
    Sleep??? rest is for the dead.

Seriously man... cut back! You're killin yourself.
    I dont even want to think about the caffiene withdrawal headaches you'd get if you quit though... damn!

6. MEAN79

MEAN79 Veteran Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Manhattan, Kansas
    Easier said then done man. I'm kinda a workaholic. I don't like to sit. I tried no caffeine a few months ago and made it like 5 days. I was to tired to do anything. Couldn't even get going to mow the yard.

Wifes a nurse so she gets made at me a lot. She really does when she takes my heart rate. And says I'm gonna have a heart attack before I'm 30

I work like this because of my parents. They told me if I want something to work for it. So it got hard wired. Mom got layed off 6 months ago. And she does all kinds of crap to stay busy. Heck when my dad was dieing and was told to rest he still would go out and split a pile of wood. People in my family don't stop working till we die literally:D

7. POS71RS

Aug 21, 2002
    Central Coast, CA
    well, your wife can nag at ya better than anyone being a nurse.... but you know what ya gotta do.
    Hard work never killed anyone, but insane amounts of caffiene...
    Don't get me wrong, I down the stuff myself... but I try to keep it to no more than 1xweek or so... and I work graves.

P.S., it's not the caffiene solely that I'm wagging a finger at. There's a lot of stuff in those drinks that you wont find in coffee.

[/nag off]

8. Mr.SS

Aug 10, 2006
    NS.
    Has your blood pressure ever been more than 200/150? Mine has, when it gets that high it is hard to see and your vision gets funny like there is oil on the water if you can picture it. If you think your wife is naggy now let her take your BP and see that!!

9. MEAN79

MEAN79 Veteran Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Manhattan, Kansas
    I know its bad for me. Sometimes my eyeside gets out of focus and wavy. Its hard to explain. Guess you just have to experiace it to understand. And get short of breath and heart fill like its concaving. Its crazy.

10. Mr.SS

Aug 10, 2006
    NS.

I know exactly what you mean. Be careful with that. ;)