TH350, Rebuild or Not?

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by StrongSurvivor, Sep 27, 2017.

1. larrylarry

larrylarry Veteran Member

Dec 22, 2011
    San Antonio Tx
    When I rebuild my 700r4 I didn’t buy any special tools, I did have to make some though. Used a mig welder & 4” grinder & some 3/16 plate steel. I did buy 2 different sets of snap ring pliers. You’ll need a big bench vice. I didn’t have a shop press which would of helped a lot. I used a few different lengths of 3/4” bolts & several different kinds of 3/4” washers to press in bushings.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    You can get away with basic tools for the most part but the TH350 Low reverse built into the case. That one needs a special tool to compress. There ways around it like using a piece of all thread an washers with a C-channel with a hole drilled in the center. But it is nice to have the right tool for it.

3. lapedr

lapedr Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Pembroke, GA
    I was just offering them up real cheap since we are fellow member's of this site, but its no problem for me to keep them I may actually need them if my rebuild job fails, I hope it doesn't but I am not a transmission mechanic so there is always the chance.

4. lapedr

lapedr Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Pembroke, GA
    Strong survivor you don't have to buy them from me if you don't want to, I was just offering, if you do decide to rebuilt your trans and have any questions just ask, I learned allot from doing mine myself, I was nervous as hell bc I didn't want to mess it up, but I got through the rebuild just fine, and so far so good.

5. StrongSurvivor

StrongSurvivor Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Bold Springs, GA.
    Hey lapedr,
    Last week was a hectic one for me and so this is the first time I've been on the site since my last post. I understand if you don't want to part with the tools. I'm the same way about mine. I'm still up in the air whether to rebuild or not. If you decide to part with the TH350 tools, let me know.