Tesla Manufacturing Problems

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by The Champ, Oct 3, 2017.

1. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Sep 14, 2000
    MN
  2. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Vineland N.J USA
    Los Angeles Times......really ?

3. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    Champ, you're starting to look like you're trying to win the internet again. Did Mr. Musk pee in your Cheerios?

4. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Sep 14, 2000
    MN
    Nope.

He's been peeing in all of our Cheerios. Without our tax dollars - there would be no Tesla.

And the world would be just fine without him and Tesla.

5. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    I used to work with a retired older fellow who was a supervisor in the military overseeing inventory management facilities after Project Iraqi Freedom and at the time the plan was to keep a peackeeping (armed of course) force in Iraq which required huge caches of "military parts storage" buildings to maintain all the various vehicles and equipment.

When I was talking with him many years ago about my water fuel cell project (after discerning specific details from both Stanley Myers work as well as Smokey Yunicks Iron duke engine) he told me they already had water fueled Bradley Fighting vehicle demos and other water based engines over there. I thought well wtf?!? How long until the public hear about it? He said outside of the mechanics who were trained to service them nobody else knows much about them. He said that part of the world is the last place you'd want to depend on fossil fuels, gas, diesel, etc. to run a peacekeeping army believe it or not.
    So I always thought water based conversion engines would catch on before electric but I guess not...?

6. Knuckle Dragger

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  7. goofnrox

goofnrox Veteran Member

Nov 26, 2003
    Grand Rapids, MI , USA

Seems more like a build it where you sell it to me. Just like the all the foreign plants in the US. Even if it is true, it will be years until a plant will be online there, which has nothing to do with layoffs today. Getting setup for what will likely be their biggest market is probably just the best way for them to build cars, not a conspiracy to screw over american workers.

8. Knuckle Dragger

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ

Just like GM said they were using our tax money from the bail out to build a factory in China for the same reason. Fast forward a couple of years and GM has several Chinese made platforms here in the states. Write it off as conspiracy theory all you want but Tesla is setting it up to produce in China and will move the jobs there.

9. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Sep 14, 2000
    MN
    Knuckle Dragger likes this.