Taking suggestions... I want to upgrade my front suspension...

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by jkhall, Jan 1, 2018.

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2008
    The best upgrade I cN say would be shocks, Springs and rear leafs

I’d call Detroit speed and get the front coils 2 inch drop , the rear leaf 3 inch drop and the shocks they offer oh and aluminum bushings.

Front and rear sway bars would also help drastically

That’s what I did on my car and felt a huge difference
  2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Detroit Speed is good stuff, but I’d never buy direct. Look to Summit or Jegs for the best of prices and shipping.
  3. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
  4. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 25, 1999
    San Jose, CA, USA
  5. djorgensen3

djorgensen3 Veteran Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Peoria, Az
    Del-a-lum bushings for the factory upper and lower control arms and new shocks and springs all the way around is what I would do for that amount.
  6. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

7. jkhall

jkhall Member

Dec 5, 2017

fuel lines

Thanks for the spreadsheet...

question, you have the Del-A-Lum Lower Control Arm Bushing. you wouldn't put those on the upper control arm as well, only the lower???

I think I can swing 1300. And in feb, put in new sway bars (front and rear) as well..
  8. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

May 19, 2000
    Los Angeles
    I believe he said uppers as well. I'd attribute a significant portion of my UCA handling improvement to the delrin bushings over the factory rubber bushings.

So yeah, agreed... if you don't do the control arms now, at least get better bushings for the factory arms.
  9. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 25, 1999
    San Jose, CA, USA
    I ran Del-A-Lum's in the upper control arms for several years. Going to an aftermarket a-arm with a geometry improvement was a HUGE difference in how the car behaved. Del-A-Lum uppers could be a good solution here, but the a-arms are better and I hate spending money twice.

The SPC A-Arms specifically are good to do while the engine is out. You'll probably have to trim the upper a-arm mounts for clearance and having more space to do that is nice.

For swaybars; I figure the car already has one. If we're minding the budget, that's an easy thing to chance later.
  10. jkhall

jkhall Member

Dec 5, 2017

Yes, factory front sway bar only. Nothing in the rear.

My budget is monthly. I work in Tech field. my company was acquired by a very large company and my stock options vest monthly at the rate of around $3k a month after the capital gains tax's. I told my wife I will be done with my spending in May... 1800 is taken this month already for new fuel tank, mounts, radiator, etc for my LS swap. Leaving me 1000-1200'ish for January. Next month I will get my new seats and Dash, but other than that I have budget open up again for the following 4 months.

I have almost everything already... just need 2k in interior items, vintage Air ( i live in Florida, I need AC) battery, this and that. another 1-2k of odds and ends that I want to upgrade. that's leaves 4-5k available for additional upgrades between now and may. I expect to invest more in the suspension going forward.