Taiwan...Is nothing sacred?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 70Znut, Dec 29, 2017.

1. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2010
    erie, PA
    THIS

instead of complaining about foreign NEW parts, buy USED

want to support the American economy? buy a used posi unit & pay a LOCAL guy to rebuild it

but I realize today's society is I WANT IT NOW, and as conveniently as possible

2. Mike N

Mike N Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    Eventually the supply of used parts dries up and you're left with no choice other than an offshore repop.

3. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 10, 2003
    USA
  4. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

Aug 22, 2015
    st.george utah
    I like this way of thinking!

5. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
    I miss having a local speed shop to support. Then I could just buy the stuff to rebuild whatever I'm working on. I used to love having a Performance Centers Of America 15 minutes away. Guess I'm old. I can say that if I bought a posi unit that said made in china, I would send it right back.

6. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Jun 17, 2006
    MN
    After 3 expensive U.S. made performance parts have failed this year in my Son's 63 Biscayne (one out of the box) I don't care anymore. The American companies have failed her in the U.S. as of late, example?, I bought an Airtex fuel pump for my Suburban that said USA made, it failed within a week so I bought a china one, it work perfect and that was back in Sept. Why not get an AC Delco? because all their stuff is now made in china. So who cares anymore. American companies better get their act together if they want my money anymore.

7. 71RS/SS396

71RS/SS396 Veteran Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Wake Forest NC
    The Tru-tracs are pretty much garbage now that they went offshore with production. I haven't had one make it through a full season of auto-x and road racing since they moved production offshore. I finally gave up and went to a soft locker with light springs.

8. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Vineland N.J USA
    As mentioned buying made in the US is no guarantee of a quality made product, the work force of today is not like it was 30 years ago.

9. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My buddy had a little local shop and finally closed this summer.
    He said he still made a profit, but the hours were brutal, the people whined about every nickle because it's cheaper at Jeg's.
    Then when you blow up a race car, it's his fault some how???

People would bug him all hours of the day, and W/E when he's trying to race one of his own cars.
    He finally decided to sell off a couple of his big engines, and take some time off before finding some thing new to do.

His wife does make great dough, and they live out where it's cheap, so he decided not to deal with the stress & headaches.
    Now we only have a shop that is more of a bolt on cosmetic shop, than an actual speed shop.

10. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    How long ago did this transition occur? I wonder if mine is Taiwanese . I got it from Moser in 2015 I think