T-top trunk storage

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by 8pack, Jan 31, 2018.

1. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Does anyone have a picture of how the T-tops are supposed to be laid in the trunk. Which way do the window frame sections lay and in what order for example.

I feel like mine are never in the right place and are rubbing on high spots etc in the trunk .

Fisher Body tops.

Thanks!

2. larrylarry

larrylarry Veteran Member

Dec 22, 2011
    San Antonio Tx
    Do you have the bags they go in? That’s one of the few things (bags) that weren’t mucked up when I got my 78. I put them in the bags then have the curved side up & put them in the deeper side of the trunk length wise, on top of each other. Mine are Fishers also.

3. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Buffalo,n.y.
    Ive never felt comfortable with t-tops in the trunk. My 2002 has a excellent carrier for them in trunk. Wish 81 did also. They stay home if off.

4. 8pack

Aug 29, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have the bags. It's just when they are in the trunk they rub and they are getting all worn out. I am trying to figure out if there was some way they were intended to fit so the bags didn't get trashed and the trim didn't get all messed up.

5. serpent710

serpent710 Veteran Member

I basically put them in the bags and place them in the driver side of the trunk, handle facing up. they fit snug and don't move on me.

6. Burd

Burd Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    I made a padded t top stand, the 2trim pc's are pricy alone, plus I have the gold tops, I don't do the sloshing around in the trunk.

7. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    put a piece of carpet in your trunk and Velcro the T-top bags to it.

8. 77camarottop

77camarottop Veteran Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Cincinnati, OHIO

x2 on this, handles up, one handle on left, and other handle on right. long way in trunk front to back. been doing this for years in numerous cars with no issue. just wedge em in there and they will not move much.

serpent710 likes this.
  9. 8pack

Aug 29, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Great input. Thanks!