T-top care

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by 80Camaroman, Nov 21, 2001.

1. 80Camaroman

80Camaroman Veteran Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    Ever have problems with your t-tops leaking? [​IMG] Whats happens is the UV rays beat down on the roof window seals causing small cracks in the rubber seal itself. A good fix for this is to coat the roof window seals with paste silicone lubricant about once a month. What this does is that the lubricant keeps the rubber seal soft and it helps minimize cracks in the seal itself, therefore providing a better seal between the two surfaces. I found this works great on the T-tops of my '80 Berlinetta. I have been using this trick for years and I find it actually works! So if you are ever caught in a rain downpour and you are tired of being dripped upon by your leaking T-tops, give this a try! [​IMG]

Jim
    '80 Berlinetta

2. 80-Z-Lover

80-Z-Lover Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Staten Island, NY USA
    Thanks for the tip, Maybe you could offer even more advise. I have a 1980 Z-28 that I just started restoring. the existing t-top weatherstriping and plastic trim around the t-top are dry-rotted and require replacement. Do you have any advise on where I could find these items?

Thank You,

Dominick

3. 80Camaroman

80Camaroman Veteran Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    Dominick,

National Parts Depot (NPD) has the T-top weatherstrips for $130.44 each, plus shipping. The T-top opening moldings are $20.80 plus shipping. Year One would also probably carry these itaems as well, but I'm not sure what their prices are. You can check NPD out online at www.NPDLINK.com as well as Year One online for the best prices. Hope this helps!

Jim
    '80 Berlinetta