Syracuse Nationals

Discussion in 'New York Regional' started by ls777z, May 22, 2011.

1. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Auburn NY
    Yes sir you righ, it's gonna be hot. I was in Syracuse today, it was 97 and really humid. I was was hot lest year too. Im thinking about going Sunday too.

2. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Sal, my daughter told me when she was at Wells, they didn't get a lot of snow. How about you? I know Syracuse does. What's worse - all this heat and humidity or 150 inches of snow? I'm not a snow fan, but the weather now is plain old brutal.

3. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Clay,NY
    We either get rain or high temperatures. Might have to wait until October and November to work on the car. I'll be there Saturday morning. It's not supposed to be that hot and the humidity is supposed to be lower as well....at least that's what the weather forecasters say.:rolleyes:

FYI: a friend of mine will be there with his "73 Z28" (look for the plate). Bought it new and just had it re-painted in the original dark green.

4. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Clay,NY
    Made it out Saturday morning. Lots of cars and got to see most of them. But due to health issues and the ever darkening sky left around 1:00. Hopefully next year there will be no issues and maybe I can even bring my 77 that was last at the fairgrounds for the 1984 Street Nationals. :happy:

5. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

The last time I was at the fairgrounds was also in '84 at the Street Machine Nationals with my 77 Z28. I still have the frisbee from it. That was the year Erie Boulevard got a little out of control, the police, dogs and every law enforcement organizations was there.

6. Cardinal

Cardinal Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 22, 2003
    Endicott, NY
    Torch called to ask me to go on Friday BUT (as usual) I had doctor's appointment in the middle of the morning thus negating getting to Syracuse early (like when the gates opened) to avoid the HOT sun on the blacktop with little shade!

I called Torch last evening and he said that were too many cars to look at with so little time to do it in! AND it was HOT!

7. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Clay,NY
    Do you still have the CC registration sticker (#0026) ? Still on the windshield ? Just haven't gotten around to taking it off.... :happy:

p.s. What color was yours ? I have lots of pictures from it and made it a point to get pictures of any 77 z's I saw.

8. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Hell, I don't even have the car. It was a special painted black, though at night or when the sun hit it, it was a brown goldish color. The one thing it had many didn't....an L88 hood. Cragar rims, rear window louvers, a CB radio antenna. Oh, the grille was gold.

That would be so cool if you had a picture.:happy:

9. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Clay,NY
    Sorry. Checked what I have left and didn't see it. I even looked at the parking lot shots to see if it was there someplace.

10. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Clay,NY
    2014... Anyone coming this next weekend ? I'll be there Saturday for sure.