Syracuse Nationals

Discussion in 'New York Regional' started by ls777z, May 22, 2011.

1. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Clay,NY
    Who's coming? Any fellow members want to get together ? FYI the Wegmans in Cicero no longer has a cruise night there as the property in front was sold. The newest one is at the Nice & Easy, Rt 31 at Henry Clay Blvd on Tuesdays but parking is sort of limited.

2. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Nothing on Erie Blvd?? Want me to get a hold of the Priest at Transfiguration Church on Teall Ave and see what I can do?

3. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Auburn NY
    I'm going to the nationals.If you guys let me know when,I wouldn't mind meeting up. :D

4. NYH1

NYH1 Veteran Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Central New Yorkistan
    Don't know if I'm gonna make the Nat's this year. Still recovering from back surgery I had in March.

The street scene is all but dead and gone in Syracuse now. There are a few local cruises around but not like there used to be. Pretty much every local PD and the Sheriff's go out of their way to keep it that way. :(

5. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Clay,NY
    It's getting closer. I'm planning on being there Friday and Saturday. If any out of towners need info, directions, or anything else..well, not ANYTHING :eek: send me a message.

6. Cardinal

Cardinal Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 22, 2003
    Endicott, NY
    I might come but not with my friend Torch. He has family and work commitments and won't be able to go. Maybe I can talk JD (our youngest son) into going. We could drive his '83 S10 IF we get the new TH350 I built for it put in!

7. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

What about the hole:eek: in the bridge where 690 and 81 is? Any problems??

8. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Clay,NY
    The hole is to the east of the fairgrounds and I would hope it should be fixed by then. If not I can give you several alternate routes.

just checked. supposed to be fixed by the 5th.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  9. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Would you think taking the Thruway to 39 and then to the State Fair exit? My Mom lives right off the Brighton exit on 481. I want to go to the show, then to my Mom's. But I don't want to get into the traffic. Any suggestions?

10. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Clay,NY
    Exit 38 would get you on Rt 57. Go north to John Glenn Blvd, go south (left) and you can hop onto Rt 690 there. I think 39 makes you double back a ways. Rt 81 exit, go south to Hiawatha Blvd, take right (past Carousel Mall)and that brings you to Rt 690 west. No doubling back.