Super T-10 to TKO600, Bellhousing Alignment

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by redriderjf87, Nov 2, 2017.

1. redriderjf87

redriderjf87 Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Quad Cities, IL
    Probably a noob question, but I would like a sanity check based on what I saw in a few pages of search results...

I am speccing out this winter's project of swapping out the ST-10 for a TKO600 0.64 OD unit. Looking at quotes from Hurst and Silversport right now, price is pretty close between them.

1st thing, I feel pretty good about is that it sounds like the ST-10 and TKO share the same bellhousing from various searching, and I shouldn't need to order a new one correct? I've already got a scattershield that I would like to keep along with the mechanical clutch. The clutch is pretty new and in good shape so I am not planning to change it this year.

2nd thing is the bellhousing alignment procedure. I am still reading up on it, but assuming my current Crank to Bellhousing runout is within spec (I am going to check it), what else would I need to do to verify the trans input shaft is aligned? Or is there anything else at that point?

Thanks for reading my novel :)

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    That's the good thing about the TKO transmission. Other then needing a new cross member, pull the 4 speed off and install the 5 speed. Shorten the driveshaft and that's about it. As far as the bell housing alignment to the engine block is all that's needed. No special aligning on the trans itself. I'm assuming the kit comes with the cross member, shifter and driveshaft? Should be an easy swap!

3. redriderjf87

redriderjf87 Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Quad Cities, IL
    Awesome, I'm stoked. Was hoping it would be something like that. Thanks for the info.

Yeah it looks like I'll get the crossmember, shifter, and driveshaft with it. Going to get the DS cut locally after measuring.