Sound deadener

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by sevitz5, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    Yeah, we get it you're not a fan of peel and seal. :screwup: To each his own but I think we got it the first time. :p

2. KEVS79

KEVS79 Veteran Member

Mar 3, 2008
    GLADSTONE, MO
    Honestly there are probably worse things we are breathing in our cars, homes and work, but better to be safe than sorry.

3. Vet76te

Vet76te Veteran Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Birmingham, Alabama
    I don't agree with this. I have used Peel & Seal on 3 of my Camaros and it gets well into the high 90's here in Alabam in the summer time. I drive my cars a LOT and I have never once had any "tar" smell in my car. Maybe I did a better job of installation or something,...but I have never had this problem.

For example, my current 80 Z28 is compeletly covered with Peel & Seal, (doors, roof, rear hat rack and floor). I left my house around 7:00am this morning and just returned at 9:00 pm. It was over 98 degrees today at the car show and I never had even a trace of odor.

4. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Rockledge, Florida
    Well, you may get it, but a lot of others may not. I always thought this was a place to advance proper techniques.

5. 79camaro2001

79camaro2001 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 4, 2003
    Monroeville, PA
    Ace I don't smoke and I got peel and seal in my bronco, I don't smell any tar and I've got a sensitive nose.

I eventually plan on putting it all over but right now i just got it on the front of the floor pan where the front and back seat are. The rear cargo is uncovered right now so I didn't lay any down there.

6. 77nomad

77nomad Veteran Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Ski Town
    Anyone do the inside of the trunk. I have a 100sq of dynamat that I know isn't enough. So my plan was dynamat the floor and peel and seal or fatmat ar what ever on the inside of the quarters, trunk floor, and deck lid. I want silence. I even considered lizard skin heat barrier then sound deadener. Should be about .040" then peel and stick sound deadener. Just a thought.

Not trying to hijack the OPs thread I just dont want to start ANOTHER sound deadener thread that people will skip. To the OP looks great, sorry I skipped your thread for a few days, I though someone was asking what was better again.

7. Knuckle Dragger

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    And you feel you're the only one able to judge what's proper and what isn't? That's the rub for me dude. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but just because you feel a certain way doesn't make it a fact. Torque specs, clearances etc are facts. What the best product to use for interior sound deadening is an opinion. A bunch of guys have posted that peel and seal works, a bunch have said it sucks. I think that's enough to convince a reader do his homework to decide what is best for him. You're repeating the same point over and over like you expect us all to yell Eureka and change our opinion.

I respect your point of view and I'm happy to read it and consider it, but this I'm right your wrong back and forth is just silly man. There is a lot of gray in life.

77Nomad, if you're bored look here http://www.novas.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14984 (pages 2 and 3) I did peel n seal and then 3/8 neoprene rubber sheets. Topped it off with ACC mass back carpet. Even with no door panels or back seat it's pretty darn quiet.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  8. blades67

blades67 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Chandler, Arizona, USA
    Dave, your link is this thread.

9. Knuckle Dragger

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    You're too fast I thought I had fixed it soon enough no one would notice :(

10. sandiego74

sandiego74 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 23, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Any updates on how the Peel N Seal has held up? Just pulled all of the factory sound deadening in my car and am looking for a viable solution.