Someone should rescue this

Discussion in '1974 Specific' started by zfool, Jul 12, 2014.

1. zfool

zfool Veteran Member

May 19, 2014
    Rochester, MN
    That's the one, I saw it on CL awhile back with the air cleaner changed and the alternator. A year ago it was very original, I was going to go get it actually but their was some communication issues. If I recall it was a HEI car with all the little clips for the gen water temp plug wires and tcs. Nice car, good to see you here. There are plenty of very knowledgable people to help you keep her original and on the road.

2. zfool

zfool Veteran Member

May 19, 2014
    Rochester, MN
    I found some of the pix the guy sent me last year from Illinois, at that time he said the only thing that didn't work was the speedo. That had broken a few days before. He said it was a AZ car and the owner had moved to his area (Southern IL) and it sat in a garage and that's how it got the rust it has. I had a trailer reserved but it just didn't work. I'm glad someone that appreciates its originality got it. Yours wasn't the HEI car I was thinking of, that one was in Chi Town area. very flaky situation there too if I recall. Potato chip size flakes with that car. The title was in Mexico or puerto rico lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    Oil fill is on the wrong side

4. Rene Melten

Rene Melten Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Blind Bay, B.C.
    I like the door panels changes too, spitting image of the one I had for about 11 yrs. '88- '99

5. zfool

zfool Veteran Member

May 19, 2014
    Rochester, MN
    I found a few more but I think this is it, I had the cowl Tag and Vin tag pix but must have deleted them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Clay,NY
    Nice save. I hope you don't plan on leaving that gas filter where it is. :eek: