SoCal 1975 Sport Coupe Resto

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by PasadenaRoss, Oct 29, 2016.

1. PasadenaRoss

PasadenaRoss Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Sunny Pasadena, CA, USA
    Hello gentlemen, I have been a lurker on this board for 10+ years, dreaming of the day when I'd be able to do a full restoration on my '75 Sport Coupe. Many, many helpful people over the years.

I purchased this car from my father in 1991, when I graduated high school, and had been in love with it since I was around 7-8 years old. My father had owned it since 1976.

The car is a V8 4 barrel automatic, with column shift. It is Bright Blue Metallic (Muslane) Code 026, with white interior.

This is a frame off, ground up restoration. Many will ask why on a 75? Because of my sentimental value of the car. I love the car and always have.

Unfortunately I had my laptop stolen and don't have too many pictures of the process. All I have are mostly cell phone pics.

The car was completely stripped and fully gutted. Virtually every piece of the car has been either restored or replaced. I mean everything. The frame and all suspension pieces were all powdercoated as were all engine compartment components and brackets. Way too much to list now.

The goal was to keep a mostly original look and theme to the car including colors, but add some serious horsepower to a weak 165HP 350. It has been dynoed now at 405 HP after a little work! The engine bay looks very stock except for the headers and working cowl induction from an 81 z28. (I had my original hood painted as a spare). The rally wheels are also custom 15x7s.

Below are a couple of pictures after an almost 4 year restoration and lots of dollars. I started collecting parts years ago.

The car is sitting very high in all these pics because it hasn't been driven, and in most pics some of the heavier components are still missing. Once it is driven, it should settle to a very nice even stance.

Thank you all for looking and for your support on many of my questions over the years.

Ross

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

View attachment 29372 View attachment 29370 View attachment 29369

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  2. PasadenaRoss

PasadenaRoss Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Sunny Pasadena, CA, USA
    Here are a few more .......

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  3. dirtdobber78

dirtdobber78 Veteran Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Dallas, TX
  4. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
  5. perkalator

perkalator Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Nice car and good choice on color.

6. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Emerald Isle , NC
    Beautiful Camaro . Wow.

I'll take the Firebird .

7. Turbo70Camaro

Turbo70Camaro Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Looks good, maybe one day we'll bump into each other once my cars drivable.

8. cadillac_al

cadillac_al Veteran Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Maine
    I'd say you have achieved perfection. That is beautiful. Why a 75 people ask? Because they were still making pretty nice cars in 75. Big bumper Camaros rule around here. Did I read "column shift"? I really didn't know that was available in Camaros.

9. PasadenaRoss

PasadenaRoss Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Sunny Pasadena, CA, USA
    Thank you gentlemen. I appreciate the comments. I am excited to think the car will be home after some final mechanical tweaks in about 2 weeks.

This board has been a tremendous resource for doubts, questions, and parts. It is amazing the knowledge of many of you. The board has also been inspirational with some of your cars and projects.

Thank You !

10. PasadenaRoss

PasadenaRoss Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Sunny Pasadena, CA, USA
    What part of SoCal are you in? I'm sure you guessed that I'm in Pasadena.

Just saw your project thread, WOW! Congrats. Hope to see you and the car on the road soon.