so just how loud is 50 db???

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 67lemanster, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Mr_Z27

Mr_Z27 Veteran Member

Dec 7, 1999
    Sioux Falls, SD
    When you got t-bagged at carlisle and woken up, that was about a 50db slap.

2. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Still waiting on the second set of inserts.. lol:crazy:

3. Nate81camaro

Nate81camaro Veteran Member

Jun 3, 2006
    lost
    M4's muzzle velocity is 2,970FPS.

Wonder how I know....:rolleyes:

4. Ztoy

Ztoy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 4, 2003
    Ionia, Michigan
    Let us know where you exhaust comes in at, loudness wise, using that radioshack SPL meter. I listened to your clip in another thread and with the one set of inserts it sounds great. Same with musclcars. I've heard Jeff Cooks up close and it sounds great too. I've been leaning toward getting some for mine, but all the 'noise legislation' popping up all around us is making me hold back. Right now harleys are getting all the attention, but if this legislation takes hold I'm sure our musclecars will be next.

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/08/22/news/doc46ccbf826df4f981585125.txt

"Ordinances come in many forms. Some are against certain types of products - like mufflers that would rattle the apples off of trees - while others are aimed more on the intent of the driver, who may want to turn some heads or rile up the neighbors on a Sunday afternoon.

-As of July 1, riders in New York City are subject to a minimum $440 fine for having a muffler or exhaust system that can be heard within 200 feet.

-In Lancaster, Pa., starting this month riders - and all motor vehicle drivers - could be ticketed for drawing attention to themselves, whether by creating too much noise by revving their engines or doing hard accelerations. Tickets start at $150.

-As of July 1, motorcyclists in Denver could be ticketed $500 for putting mufflers on their bikes made by someone other than the original manufacturer, if the bike is 25 years old or less. These so-called after-market products can be louder than their manufacturer-made counterparts.

Denver's plan is unique because it targets the after-market equipment. Wood said it limits riders' freedom to choose what products to use. Many motorcyclists who need to replace parts use these products, rather than go to a dealer, which can be more expensive, Wood said.

All motorcycles sold for road use in the U.S. are subject to federal noise laws keeping them within a certain range of decibels, below 80 decibels from 50 feet away, said the industry council's Amette."

From what I've heard, some lawnmowers run at or near 60 db's.

5. 67lemanster

67lemanster Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 20, 2003
    I AM ILK
    it was louder than that when Ev slapped Ace. bwahahahahahaha;)

6. K5JMP

Hey Ztoy... went and read the article. Thinking of post a link to my vid in the comments section... lol!:)

7. Ztoy

Ztoy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 4, 2003
    Ionia, Michigan
    K5, that should get somebodys attention for sure....lol

8. K5JMP

Prolly best to leave it alone for now... order the SPL meter and carry it, copy of regs and a 100' tape measure... I forsee issues in my future... lol lol lol:rolleyes: