so I tried Spectra Premium radiator from Rock Auto....

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Z27LS3, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Z27LS3

Z27LS3 Veteran Member

Just a heads up in case you need a cheap radiator for your daily driver.

tried the $74.00 Spectra Premium radiator on my daughters DD, '99 altima. my first pick was the Nissens brand as they are an OE supplier and I have had personal experience and can attest that they hold up well. sold out , oh well. called and I was assured the Spectra Premium would be fine.
    I put it in today and for a "made in china" product it appeared well made, fit perfect and was very well packed and arrived mint condition. I suppose for seventy some bucks and a 2 year warranty I cant complain. just a heads up, so far so good. car was started and ran 1/2 hour and all is well.

I'll revive this post if :) turns into :mad: (hopefully not)

2. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    Don't see why a Chinese product would bother you for a Nissan. Why stop now?

3. jb451

jb451 Veteran Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Mesquite, Texas
    All of my radiators that i have bought have all been spectra.... Been great so far!

4. chevyJeff1

chevyJeff1 Veteran Member

lol. Oh the irony....

5. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    [​IMG]. We used to make stuff here . Here are some ac / furnace units (Central air conditioning units ) ripped out in the last 2 years . The Chrysler is from 69 and the BW is about the same ...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  6. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
  7. Z27LS3

Z27LS3 Veteran Member

whats really ironic is that my daughters 99 altima was made 8 miles north of where I live in Tennessee
    (USA.) the OEM radiator was made by calsonic 35 miles south of where I live. I certainly hope the chinese counterpart gives me 13 years like the OEM.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  8. Z27LS3

Z27LS3 Veteran Member

Largest Employers in Nashville Area

Top Employers 1-25

1. Vanderbilt University & Medical Center

2. HCA

3. Nissan

9. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Sep 14, 2000
    MN
    Spectra actually is a pretty good radiator.

I work for an ACDelco and Motorcraft warehouse distributor calling on new car dealers, used car dealers, independent repair shops and fleets.

Besides the OE GM and Ford radiators, we handle OSC (One Stop Cooling) radiators. I have a cutaway of an OSC radiator that I use for customer demos - and a book with photos of other brands (including Spectra).

Spectra comes close to the overall quality of the OSC. Any other brand of radiator besides the OE, OSC or Spectra will never be purchased by me after seeing how much you can take "out" of a radiator in the areas where you can't see by the other manufacturers.

10. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

Jul 3, 2003
    Chebanse, IL USA
    Nissan = Japan

Spectra = China