So, how's the weather?

Discussion in 'Arizona Region' started by dcozzi, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Litchfield, NH
    A very beautiful 18" of snow last night and into the morning. I can't wait to go out and clean up the driveway and walkways. I think it's nice to have the seasons, not too hot for the most part in summer, very rare to hear of a tornado, earthquake or hurricane. I'll take some snow and beauty. Maybe someday I'll move to warmer climates, but for now I like it right here.
  2. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

May 1, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    It's a trade off. We burn in the summer but, my bones and joints cannot take the cold. Too bad because I love snow and seasons. I call the 4 AZ seasons summer and winter. We get 2 weeks of spring and 2 weeks of fall.

The scorpions are here to stay. They are dinosaurs and are dug in deep. Some areas have them and some do not. My last house, I never saw one anywhere for 15 years. You just remove their food source (spray religiously for bugs) and they stay away from the house for the most part.
  3. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    We have two seasons. Winter and road construction, known as the "orange cone season". Line's kinda blurred this year, since the potholes are springing up at an alarming rate. Can't keep up with them. Orange cones are already popping up all over.
  4. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm almost a year now living up in the High Desert of Socal and don't mind the Summer weather but this Winter here I now know why the insulate those backflow valves with thick blankets . It's been in the high 20's to low 30's at night and mid 50's during the day here since early November . There's been quite a few days also with daytime temps of 35°- 40° and strong 50mph winds and last week we had snow flurries

With the elevation here nearing 4k ft the Summer temps aren't that bad with high 80° temps and a couple days of 110° plus weather and with the sundowner winds the temps drop dramatically by 3pm

Not many at all scorpions up here but I'm constantly seeing Brown Widows and Desert Wolf spiders a lot

I used to live in the McCormick Ranch area of Scottsdale back in 1984-85 and I liked the weather
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018