So, how's the weather?

Discussion in 'Arizona Region' started by dcozzi, Mar 6, 2018.

1. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

May 1, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    I see my relatives freezing in Minnesota and Wisconsin and love the fact that I was out in the garden last weekend and can go out in shorts and ride bikes with my son during the day. I'll bet it will be 120 all summer long to pay the debt of a mild winter though.
    Has anyone else been out doing spring/summer stuff already? I have already had the first scorpion in the house. Must be gettin' warmer. I'm going to take some time off before it gets too hot to work on the car for a week uninterrupted.

2. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

every time I think about moving to az, someone mentions scorpions lol

3. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    My best friend in hs had an uncle who was a lifelong Florida resident. He said for ten years before he retired he was going to move to AZ when he retired. He retired, sold the house and moved to Phoenix. This was in May. By September he was back in Florida. Nuf said.

4. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    I've only seen one at the house in 8 years and that was within the first month. Keep the food away and they don't come around. (I'll probably find one in my bed tonight now LOL)

The weather has been damn nice this week. It looks like the back yard will get finished a littler earlier then I had planed.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  5. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    We lost a lot of snow last week while it was in the 40's for a few days... This deck was completely bare.
    Got 6" dumped on us again yesterday.

I'll be lucky to see my lawn by April this year.

6. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Buffalo,n.y.
    Buffalo in the mid 30 zone,could be snow,sleet,ice ,rain all in a day. No early spring here.

7. djorgensen3

djorgensen3 Veteran Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Peoria, Az
    I was thinking about taking the Busa out for a spin since its so nice here.

8. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    Planted some bare root roses for my wife yesterday. Around 71 and breezy. We get little blond colored scorpions here. Usually find them in wood piles that have been sitting on the ground a long time. We had little a fire pit action going on one night and my buddy kept saying ouch like 3 or 4 times. He peels off his outer shirt and found a scorpion inside. He laid his shirt on the wood pile and put it on. The little bugger stung the hell out of him. Got a good laugh from everyone.

9. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Rockledge, Florida
    F L O R I D A !!!

10. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    We had a couple nice days here. Just a tease. It snowed last evening.