so frustrated fuel pressure

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by Mwilson, Mar 1, 2018.

1. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Jun 17, 2006
    MN
    Toss that Holley regulator in the trash and get an Arowmotive fuel regulator. I had a ton of troubles and replaced them on 2 cars, both run great with no pressure creep. Arowmotive are the best, look up the reviews on them, top notch stuff.

2. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That junk Holley has been tried & true for decades.
    I'm seen 3, 4, 5 of them on 2000 plus HP cars and they don't have any issues other than normal wear & tear.

I still run 2-3 on my car for the N2O stages.

3. Rustbucket350

Rustbucket350 Veteran Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Oviedo, Florida
    Careful with that fuel pump and a deadhead regulator. I had a 140 gph electric pump set up the same way and while the gauge read 6 psi, the volume was so excessive it would blow through not only the carb, but the rings as well. To the point that my oil smelled like gas and trashed the whole valvetrain on a fresh build. That's a pretty excessive scenario, but I do think larger volume pumps are best used with a return line.

4. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

it was the regulator all good now

5. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nice, now throw a spare in the trailer and get those bottles filled!!!

How hard is finding N2O down there??
    I haven't checked since last fall, and it was brutal.

6. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

its easy but I have to drive 35 min the store in town hasnt had any in 2 years and everytime I ask they say "next week" lol

7. accelo

accelo New Member

Jan 12, 2015
    washington
    Holley didn't work and the replacement did. Something was wrong with the Holley. Quality control issues as so many manufactures attempt to cut costs they cut quality at the same time.

8. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

replacement was the same model holley

9. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Veteran Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Denville NJ
    Those Holley regulators were designed to run with pumps like the Holley blue pump which might make 10-12 PSI dead headed. With 18 PSI from the pump (that you know of)you are way past what that regulator can handle. I run a pump with 26psi to the regulator with a bypass on both the pump and the regulator and still have a hard time bringing the presure down with my Mallory 5 port regulator. I like to run at 6-7 PSI and use one system for my 600 hp engine and 300 hp nitrous with no pressure fluctuations which is why I run such big stuff.