so far away why why why

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by stinkboy, Apr 10, 2008.

1. stinkboy

stinkboy Veteran Member

Mar 29, 2008
    milton, florida
    well i guess the point is that unless this guy is a complete fraud and the pics are of someone elses car, i will follow through with my purchase. you talked to the guy, it seems on the up and up and with his other sales and 100% feedback i feel pretty damn good about it and dont want to waste your time. like i said you were going to be closer and the time was today not saturday. kind of changes things, also i had another long convo with him on the phone which we talked all kinds of stuff. he even want me to email pics of the new rims when i put them on the car. hes putting a car cover in the trunk for me and if hes that good than hes that good if this is a bad deal.

2. Damon23

Damon23 Veteran Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Georgia
    If you feel comfortable with him then you should be fine. Congrats. I love the color. I really liked the black one that is on there right now starting at 10.9, that car is slick. I think the black on black would be a killer in the summer heat though. Congrats again. Cant wait to see it after you put the rims on it.

3. stinkboy

stinkboy Veteran Member

Mar 29, 2008
    milton, florida
    yeah im more comfortable than i thought i would be. no black ext for me ever. my ocd would kill me on that. its bad enough when i had a black int on a 350Z roadster.

4. stinkboy

stinkboy Veteran Member

Mar 29, 2008
    milton, florida
    well matching numbers engine and tranny were just a bonus, however a manual tranny was a guaranteed item and a m21 close ratio manual was a big bonus.

so there in lied my issues when looking.

i have a list of items planned. some as small as an old school hurst white shift knob, to cut outs with electric baffles and so on.

5. driftwood

driftwood Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2002
    07882, NJ
    Sounds like you are already happy with it, glad you got it. Seemed like a good deal for all the work that was done and he has documentation/photos/receipts. Looks very nice from the photos and he did seem like a good person when I talked with him.
    Good luck with it.
    Joe

6. stinkboy

stinkboy Veteran Member

Mar 29, 2008
    milton, florida
    well joe im going to cancel this inspection, ive already told leigh. i really appreciate your willingness to help. if it was tonight like originally setup then the time frame would work and you were closer.

i must say the members on this board are very thoughtful. i hope to add to the club.

7. RacingRob

RacingRob Veteran Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Yorktown Heights, NY
    Sorry I dropped out of sight for a bit.
    Looks like you two guys have everything under control.
    Very nice car!
    What kind of shipping arrangements are you working on?
    Anything I can do to help, let me know.
    Good luck,

RR

8. al8apex

al8apex Veteran Member

Mar 11, 2005
    scottsdale, az
    consoles are for sissies that don't like girls sitting next to them :happy:

j/k

finding a unaltered NO CONSOLE car is better than having a console car that Bertha the Butt sat on when she was trying to sit next to her b/f ... :cool:

as he stated in the description, it is a far rarer car WITHOUT the console ...

oh yeah, my 70 does not have a console either, maybe I am biased ... :)

congrats, there is no way you could build a car for the money you paid for that

paint jobs alone are now $10k ...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  9. RICARDO1969

RICARDO1969 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Waukesha WI
    if your paying 10k for paint you have to much money :)

10. stinkboy

stinkboy Veteran Member

Mar 29, 2008
    milton, florida
    fucking hagerty just killed my app. apparently they dont want me to drive it to work but once a month not once a week. even though i only drive my car to work otherwise my wife a truck person requires the surburban and actually has only riden in my car once in 15 years.

the fact that i have a full shop and machine shop for mods at work has nothing to do with driving it to work. i was was driving to a mod shop it is ok.

guess ill add it to my progressive.