so far away why why why

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by stinkboy, Apr 10, 2008.

1. driftwood

driftwood Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2002
    07882, NJ
    Steve,
    My boss just informed me my class was cancelled tomorrow so I won't be up that way. If the guy can wait til saturday I can go up then.Will try to call you and him later.
    Joe

2. stinkboy

stinkboy Veteran Member

Mar 29, 2008
    milton, florida
    ah crap, this isnt going well then. it was so in hand. hmmm. hope this isnt a sign.

3. driftwood

driftwood Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2002
    07882, NJ
    Oh easy ;) just talked to him and he said no problem with 8am on saturday. If that still works for you. Gonna try calling you now.
    Joe

4. stinkboy

stinkboy Veteran Member

Mar 29, 2008
    milton, florida
    as long as he doesnt want to get paid until i hear from you, thats the agreement which means i cant wire the money until monday morning. technically i have seven days i believe.

auction will be over soon well a couple minutes.

5. stinkboy

stinkboy Veteran Member

Mar 29, 2008
    milton, florida
    joe, i got the car unless he in fact gets seller's remorse. sorry to cut you short on the phone. i was a little anxious about the deal and not bidding too early. i need to clearly cover gas money at the least.

6. driftwood

driftwood Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2002
    07882, NJ
    No problem, I didn't think you needed any distractions.

Joe

7. driftwood

driftwood Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2002
    07882, NJ

Rob,
    I sent you a PM about going if you are seriously interested. Will be going saturday at 8am to see the car. PM or email me.
    Thanks,Joe

8. stinkboy

stinkboy Veteran Member

Mar 29, 2008
    milton, florida
    well i got the car as the only bidder. guy called me, he got worried i was backing out and not bidding since i waited until only 2 minutes left. i think the car is worth 10.95K for a numbers matching M21 tranny 79 Z.

oh and it turns out that blue color is dodge viper blue.

9. stinkboy

stinkboy Veteran Member

Mar 29, 2008
    milton, florida
    joe, i may just cancel the inspection. so far the guy has been straight forward and our email and phone conversations have been very good. i won the auction, ive paid a deposit, i guess i get what i get at this point. if its 80% of what the pictures show and all the restore info is close to correct it should be all great.

even as far as the battery is concerned. he was talking about swapping it out but it turns out it wasnt because the battery is bad and wont hold a charge, its because the battery in his opinion is old enough to change out kind of like you do on fan belts. this whole thing seems very straight up and i just dont want to waste your time. if it was tonight like originally set up that was different. i dont want to take anyones saturday.

so thats kind of what im thinking at this point.

thanks
    steven

10. driftwood

driftwood Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2002
    07882, NJ
    No problem, just let me know. And be sure to let him know also so he isn't expecting me.
    I'm fine either way.
    Joe