slow progress my crank got lost in texas!

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by Mwilson, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

Crank was supposed to be here yesterday now I have to wait til saturday. Been cleaning up the engine bay and block & heads some while waiting.

IMG_0181.JPG IMG_0183.JPG IMG_0176.JPG IMG_0177.JPG IMG_0178.JPG IMG_0174.JPG IMG_0170.JPG IMG_0169.JPG

Attached Files:

2. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Buffalo,n.y.
    Some nice parts! Going to look good.

3. Rdobbs1977

Rdobbs1977 Huge Guns N Roses Fan

Dec 1, 2014
    Nashville
    judging by the oil pan, flat tops, alum heads, and dual carbs...looks like you're going to have some umph in that motor. see you've busted out the dial bore gauge which says your serious about things and a builder as opposed to assembler. all looks good. saw the sfi sticker, motor going to see some track time?

4. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

yes going down the track swapping my 4.30 gears for 3.90's so I can put two nitrous plates on and the tranny stalls at 5,000 on the brake

5. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Very nice !!!! :)

When is the Tunnel ram swapped out in favor of a Pro Charger F4R ??

6. camaro71/holland

camaro71/holland Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
  7. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

I love the tunnel ram!

8. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    Is it true that you are not supposed to paint the flex plate because it will void the SFI rating? Something I heard from a engine builder guy. That is if you plan on hitting the track in some official status or class other than run what you brung.

9. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

no idea but Id guess you cant cover the sticker? Personally I just run for fun on test & tune days and the only thing they have ever looked at is roll cage, lug nuts and helmet and they have asked if im running antifreeze

10. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

I wouldn’t claim to be a “builder” I just can’t afford for this motor to mess up LOL I am typically an assembler with minor checking of clearances