Show me your Hurst Super Shifter set up on your Muncie 4 speed

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by Overtrained, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Overtrained

Overtrained Veteran Member

I'm looking for install pics on how much I have to modify my trans tunnel to go from a comp/plus to a super shifter straight rod set up. Cant seem to find any pics of this in a google search or search on here. Thanks in advance for the help!

2. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I was also considering the SS , until I came upon the Ramrod shifter, they both mount the same , high, and with the strait rods, I have all the parts assembled , got the shifter restored and rebuilt by Scott, for what I have seen, you may, have to cut along the side and open it up some , I think it really depends on the way the motor and trans sits in the car, you should do a search for the ramrod shifter, and you should find some of those install pictures, I also found a nice setup using aluminum rods and heim joints , cheaper then the price people want for the HD shift rods, so now I have both HAA HA, will just have to see which ones I use

3. Overtrained

Overtrained Veteran Member

Ive seen those aluminum straight rods on ebay with the heim joints. Im a little skeptical on the strength vs the HD steel hurst rods but they do look real nice.

I just cant believe I cant find One picture of this shifter installed in a 2nd gen

4. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I bought a super shifter stick only at Super Shops Speed shop in Az in '85 and sold it recently. The aftermarket stick on the Comp Plus shifter is way taller than the super shifter stick and would also be short if fitted on a comp plus shifter. But the super shifter itself sat higher than the comp plus and I think it would be too low for a 2nd Gen with a console.

[​IMG]